22: The Vows

[Dein's PoV]

I cupped this little baby bump on my tummy as it stretches my simple fitted gown. It has been almost 2 months since we settled to San Francisco.

"Dein, okay ka lang?" I turned around to see my lovely bestfriend with her white simple dress. I grinned when I looked at her baby bump too.

"Yes. Kinakabahan lang nang konti" sagot ko. She's 1 month pregnant too with Rikie's child. How ironic that we're both preggies. "Bakit ka naman kakabahan? Isa pa simpleng simpleng wedding lang naman yon."

Dahan dahan kaming umupo sa kama. Zane planned everything so well in just a short time. "It's just that, this is not the right time for the babies. We're still in danger. But I can't refuse a blessing kaya medyo uneasy yung feeling"

"Wag kana mag alala pa, nangako sakin si Rikie na gagawin nya lahat para protektahan tayo. Tsaka isa pa, ang astig ng mga kasama mo. Kaya ka nilang protektahan." she consoled. Ngumiti nalang ako. Katulad ko, sobra din syang nag alala sakin non.

"Tapos ka na ba sa make up mo?" tinanguan ko sya. Kakatapos ko lang ayusan at feeling ko, ready na ako.

"Miss Dein? Are you ready?" sabay kaming lumingon sa pintuan kung saan nakasilip si Rikie.

"Yes."

Zane wants to have a simple wedding as soon as possible for the baby. Gusto nya kasing apelyido nya ang gamitin ng baby namin.

Rikie, Raebell together with Cass and Mark drove me to the place where the ceremony is going to take place. It will be simple and okay ako don. Mas simple mas tahimik. Kami kami lang aside from Aria and Kale na naiwan sa Philippines. Kale's so afraid to leave Aria kaya naiwan nalang sya don.

For now. Sabi kasi ni Zane, we'll have the grand wedding soon after I gave birth. Naiintindihan ko naman na magiging risky ang pregnancy ko kaya doble ang ingat na kailangan kong gawin.

Nang makarating na kami, inalalayan nila kaming dalawang makalabas.

Nauna nang pumasok sila Cass at Mark para alalayan din si Raebell. Naiwan naman sa tabi ko si Rikie. Since he is my confidante and also the Underboss, he will be the one to walk me along the aisle.

My eyes wander in each and every corner of the church. It was simply designed with white tulips and a  couple of white fabrics.

Everyone's on their feet, looking at me as I wander along the aisle. A smile unconsciously engraved on my lips.

Not sure if you know this
But when we first met
I got so nervous I couldn't speak

Shifting my gaze, my husband to be awaits infront of the altar. He's wearing his rare lovely smiles.

Rikie handed me to Zane as we take the last step. He carefully guided me as I take my steps. Before we face the altar, he smiles and kissed my forehead.

In that very moment
I found the one and
My life had found its missing piece

Father started talking as he welcomed us. While I smile as my heart dances in joy.

"Welcome, family, friends and loved ones. We gather here today to celebrate the wedding of Dein Hathaway and Zane Blevins. You have come here to share in this formal commitment they make to one another, to offer your love and support to this union, and to allow Dein and Zane to start their married life together surrounded by the people dearest and most important to them. So welcome to one and all, who have traveled from near and far. Dein and Zane thank you for your presence here today and now ask for your blessing, encouragement, and lifelong support, for their decision to be married." I just smile for whatever he says. But Zane seems to seriously listen to him. He's aura right now, it's different and rare.