chpt.11

My heart raced against my chest. I anxiously stared down at my phone, expecting some kind of response other than 'read.'

"{Y/N}?" As soon as I heard her voice, I felt like I had completely lost control over my body. I spun around and wrapped my arms around her. "Why weren't you at school? Everyone was talking about something big happening, I was too scared to ask what happened. People were looks at me all weird, even-"

"Hey, shh, it's ok." He soft voice managed to calm down my nerves, even just a little. She gently pushed me back, keeping one hand on my shoulder, and the other petting the back of my head.

"Please just.... explain what's going on." I lowered my eyes down onto the grass, digging my shoe into the damp dirt.

"Alright, but just listen for a moment, ok?" I quickly nodded, looking back up at her troubled expression. "My parents found our messages. Somehow I guess everyone at school already found out, I'm not sure how, but they did. They shouldn't know it's you, your account was completely anonymous." She tried to reassure me, as if that was main concern. "But, they're still convinced it's someone from school, so they've decided it's best to move. Both for me, and the family reputation."

I couldn't manage to answer her, this was something I'd only ever see in my nightmares. Even so, I'd never imagine this could happen.

"No,no this-" I take a step away from Vic, my heart pounding louder and louder.

"No it's Ok, {Y/N}! We-"

"It's not ok! How can this be ok!? I- you're the only reason it's even worth going to school every morning!" Tears that I hadn't even noticed were stinginess at my eyes.

"{Y/N}, you'll be ok!" She reached out to me, trying to calm me down, but my mind was in a completely difficult place.

​​​​​​ "But-but I Can't do this without you, I-I!" My words got jumbled together in my throat. As dramatic as it sounds, it felt like my entire life was crumbling around me.

Vic held my face in her warms hands, wiping away the tears with her thumb. "Yes, you can." Her voice broke, but even fighting back tears her voice sounded like nothing but pure bliss. "You're so much stronger than you think, {Y/N}. You can make it through anything, I promise." Her comforting eyes were glazed over with tears, looking over me like I was the most precious thing in her world.

She brought me into a tight hug, brushing her fingers through my hair. I nuzzled my face into her shoulder, letting my tears soak into her shirt.

"Hey, Vic....?"

"Yeah?"

"..." I repeated the words over, and over again on my head. The ideas been buzzing in the back of my head for months, but now...

"{Y/N}?"

"....What if we ran away?"

"Dude, you look wrecked."

"Shut up."

It's been around a week since she'd officially started her training to become.....whatever the hell these guys were. After the incident with Toby, she never brought up the reason for her being brought into this place, but her curiosity was yet to waver. She'd begun training with the two others that she met on her first day, commonly going by the aliases Masky and Hoodie, but their real names weren't a secret to most of the residents. She'd hesitated asking them the same question, fearing a similar outcome. They were much more intimidating on a surface level, unlike Toby. The last she'd want is to get on their bad side.