Chapter 20

2 years later

Amelia's POV

I just finished putting the laundry in the washer. I'm still living in this apartment. I decorated it a bit so it's not like before. It has a little color now.

My mom became chief in a restaurant a year ago. I can't explain how proud I was and happy because of her. But unfortunately she had to move away because of it. I don't mind it as long as she is happy.

I started college this year. And the one I always wanted. I love it there and I'm glad that I tried hard enough to succeed. It was difficult, but I managed.

I was confused when I suddenly heard knock on the door. Who may that be? I got out of the room and opened the door. But I was not ready for this. He came back.

His hair was shorter and he lost some weight. Why did he show up now? I waited for him and I didn't even know where he was. He never called me or told me if he is fine or not.

''What are you doing here?'' I asked still in shock.
''I came back like I promised.'' He said. It was so nice to hear his voice again.
''Don't you think it's too late for that?'' I said attempting to close the door when he pushed it and got inside. This is bad.

''I'm sorry, Amelia.'' He apologized.
''Where were you for two years? For two freaking years?'' I yelled.
''I was i—'' He was cut off by little sleepy voice.

''Mommy?'' My daughter Lake showed up from her room with a teddy bear in her hands. How does she even gets out of crib every single time?
''Lake, go back to your room.'' I said pointing with my finger.

But she was too much in thought while she was looking at Nathan. And he was looking at her in awe. I'm not even surprised. Afterall, he is her father.

She suddenly squealed and wrapped herself around his leg.
''Daddy!'' She said making me shocked. I mean, I showed her some pictures, but I didn't know she would be so open like this.

He smiled as he picked her up. I could just stand there and watch the whole thing.
''Hello, babygirl.'' He smiled and kissed her cheek tenderly.
''Hi, Daddy. I missed you.'' She squealed.

He looked at me with eyes that I exactly know what they meant. We are going to talk about it. I still love him, but I'm kind of disappointed at him for not showing up sooner.

I had to do everything alone. My mom was my biggest help and I don't know if I would endure any of it, if she was not with me.

''Lake, go to your room now.'' I said.
''No, I want to be with daddy.'' She whined and hugged him tighter around his neck. He gave me a look before going inside her room.

It's so sudden. Everything happened so suddenly. But I'm glad Lake accepted him so fast. Where was he for all these years? How could he leave me? And on top of all, I found out I'm pregnant two months later.

After sometime he got out of the room and closed it carefully. He approached me when I noticed his eyes were red. Was he crying?

''I'm sorry, Amelia.''
''Yeah, you said that before.'' I said, bored.
''Don't blame for this. I didn't even know we have daughter.'' He said. I actually became angry.

''Maybe if you stayed, you could have known. But no, you left me. You left me alone.'' I raised my voice.
''I was in a prison.'' He replied. That was when I was shocked.

''Why?''
''After I handed videos to police. I got arrested because of being in mafia. Daniel was also arrested except he has a life sentence.'' He explained while I just stared at him.

''And you couldn't even tell me? I would have come to visit you.'' I yelled.
''You really think I would let you to see me how desperate I was, how I was beaten up every day till I was passed out? My last bruise healed few days ago, damnit! I didn't want you to see me being so pathetic because I know it would hurt you and you couldn't do anything about it.'' He slammed the counter top.

Tears gathered in my eyes. He suffered so much and the first thing he did was come here to see me. He came closer and cupped my face.

''I was torn apart because I couldn't see your beautiful face. I wanted to hug you again. I wanted to make love to you again. I missed you every day, baby.'' He whispered as my tears were falling.

''Please, forgive me. I will never let you go again. And our daughter.'' He promised.
''I love you.'' I said when he picked me up.
''Baby, I loved you since we first met.'' He chuckled and wiped my tears. He leaned in and kissed me.

I missed him so much. I can't imagine how hard it was for him too. But he is finally back and now everything is going to be just fine. But he will have a lot of missing time to fill.

''I missed you so much, baby.'' He said once he pulled away from a kiss.
''I missed you too, bunny.'' I chuckled and wiped my tears. He leaned his forehead on mine and placed a kiss on my lips.

''Can I make love to you, baby?'' He whispered seductively, turning me on immediately.
''Yes, please.'' I giggled as he started walking towards our room, kissing me tenderly.