Chapter 13

Amelia's POV

I woke up alone in the bed which made me pout. It's late already. But where is Nathan? I got up and did what's neccessary in the bathroom.

I wanted to wear his clothes today. I haven't wore his clothes since two weeks ago. I took his shirt and slipped it over my head. It's funny how it almost reaches my knees and it's a shirt.

I was surprised when I saw my breakfast on a table. And there was a note on the tray.

I left early. I'll come back after lunch. ♡

I smiled at the little heart at the end of a sentence. I sat down and started eating. When I finished, I put the tray at the end of a table.

I took my books and started reading English and making notes. I learned so much like this but I still wish I was in school with all of my classmates.

It's true when people say that you'll start appreciating something if that's gone. I miss my school, my mom, my old life. When is everything going to be normal?

I sighed in my chair. It's becoming harder and harder. But there is Nathan. My saviour who is always there for me. I'm aware that I would be in much worst situation if Nathan didn't accept me.

When I get free, I want to stay with Nathan. He will always know how to help me and he will always be there for me. I just wish he can get rid of his Boss and leave the mafia for good.

I shook my thoughts away and started studying. I wonder where did he go, but I'll ask him when he comes back. I hope it's nothing serious.

After studying for two hours, I cleaned the room and bathroom. I washed the laundry and when it was done, I folded clothes and put them back in the wardrobe.

After I finished, I sat on the bed and waited. He should come around this time, I assume. I don't have anything to do anymore and I'm bored.

After a while, door opened and inside came pale looking Nathan. I got worried seeing him like this so I rushed to him.

''Nathan, is everything okay?'' I asked as he looked at me.
''I'm sorry, Amelia.''
''Why are you apologizing, Nathan? What happened?''
''I didn't know that would happen. Please, forgive me.'' He pleaded, almost crying.

''Forgive you what Nathan?'' I said more louder.
''Daniel killed your father this morning.'' He answered. I had shivers ran down my spine. My father is dead.
''What about my mom? Did he kill her too?'' I yelled when tears started to blurr my vision.

''No. I helped her to get away through the back door. She is safe now.'' He answered when I felt like some burden was lifted off from my shoulders. But my dad? He is dead.

''I couldn't save your dad. I'm sorry.'' He said as he approached me. I immeditely threw my arms around him as he lifted me up. I started sobbing in his neck.

''He was still a father to me.'' I chocked through my tears.
''I know, baby. I know. Let it out.'' He whispered and caressed my hair. He sat down with me on his lap still hugging me and comforting me.

After sometime, I calmed down and wiped my tears. I gave him small smile when he kissed my forehead. He gave me a tissue to blow my nose. My face was red and puffy.

''What is going to happen to me now?'' I asked. There is no reason for me to be here anymore.
''Daniel said that I can do whatever I want with you.'' He said. I know exactly what kind of things he wants Nathan to do to me. Disgusting asshole.

''Can you stay here for a few more days and then I will bring you back to your mother?'' He asked. I nodded my head as he smiled.
''Where is she now?'' I asked him.
''In my apartment. I gave her keys and address before sneaking her through the back door. Luckily, nobody assumed anything and Daniel said he doesn't care about her because he got his job done.''

''You have apartment?''
''Yes. I will bring you there soon.'' He said. I nodded my head and leaned on his shoulder. He held me in his arms tightly like I'm going to disappear.

''I will make sure you continue your life normally.'' He said.
''Thank you for everything, Nathan.'' I said and hugged him tighter.

''Do you want to take a rest?'' He asked me. I nodded my head as he got up and placed me down on the bed. He laid next to me and spooned me. I was slipping into darkness as he held my hand tightly.