Chapter 14

Amelia's POV

I finished my lunch and got up from the chair. Last night, Nathan told me I'm going to his apartment where my mother is. It really passed few days like he said and today I'm getting free.

Except garden and laundry room, I haven't been out since going to a mall. I missed to see people and streets. I missed taking walk around the town. I missed going on a beach. I literally missed everything.

I can't wait to see my mom again. She was probably scared and worried about me. Nathan told me he visited her and she is fine as much as she can be. She said that she misses me a lot which brought tears to my eyes. I missed her too, a lot.

I took bag that was on top of the closet and started putting my clothes inside. I put all clothes that Nathan bought me and it was not that much.

I put his shirt also, and a hoodie. Just when I finished putting hygiene stuff, Nathan barged through the door making me flinch.

"Baby, pack your stuff and put mine also in the bag." He rushed out and took gun from the nightstand.
"What's happening, Nathan?" I said, afraid.
"House is attacked. We need to move now. Do what I said." He quickly said.

I just needed to put his stuff too. I closed the bag and took bigger plastic bag and put my books inside. I won't go without my books. When we were ready, he placed car keys in my hand as I looked at him confused.

"You know how to drive?" I nodded my head.
"Go to the back door and you'll find my car. I installed the address of my apartment in GPS." He said.
"What about you? Why don't you go with me?" I asked.
"I will come later. But I need to keep you safe first." He replied and kissed my forehead. I tried to protest when he grabbed my hand and got out of the room.

We departed on the hallway after he told me where are the back door. I was quick to come there. I exited the house when I heard shotgun. I flinched but that was my cue to hurry up.

I saw black BMW parked and when I clicked on the button of a car keys, it got unlocked. I put bags in the backseat and turned on the engine. I was quick to drive off from this house.

Location was ten minutes away. I didn't even think about anything until this moment. Nathan stayed in the house full of people with weapons who are killing each other. What if he gets hurt?

I didn't even noticed GPS beeped indicating that I arrived at the location. It was average looking building with five floors. I don't know in which apartment he resides. I took bags from the car and locked the car before going inside.

I saw some old man climbing upstairs when I decided to ask him.
"Excuse me, Sir!" I called him when he turned around.
"Can I help you?"
"Do you know in which apartment stays Nathan Roberts? A young man with brown hair and tattoos?" He seemed to recall when it clicked to him.
"He is on third floor." He smiled.
"Thank you so much." I said and rushed upstairs. Bags were getting heavier with every step I took.

I was sweating as I came to the third floor. I knocked on the door few times when the door opened revealing my mother. She lost weight and she looked tired. I put the bags down and wrapped my arms around her.

"I missed you so much." I sobbed. She started crying like me.
"I missed you too. How are you? Are you hurt somewhere?" I shook my head  'no' as I looked at her.  I took bags and entered the apartment.

The place was quite decent and nice. Mom showed me Nathan's room. I put bags inside and got out with my mom. We sat at the couch as she embraced me.

I talked to her about everything that happened. About my first arrival, about Nathan and about today. She was shaken with some informations, but she was happy that Nathan was with me.

I couldn't help but be scared for him. I don't want him to get hurt. When is he going to come back here? I can't even contact him or find out how is he. I feel anxious and afraid. Am I going to see him?

After hours of talking with my mom, I went inside the room where I put bags. I unpacked the books and put them on the desk that was in a corner of a room. I opened the wardrobe to see only few pieces of clothes. I put his clothes on the top shelf and mine on the bottom shelf.

When I finished I laid on a bed and embraced his pillow. It smells like him a lot. I was slipping into darkness the more I was thinking about him. I just wanted him to be with me right now.

•••

''Amelia, wake up.'' Somebody was shaking me. I groaned and opened my eyes. They felt so heavy that I barely kept them opened.

But once I saw Nathan, I jumped up in the bed and threw my arms around him.
''I thought something happened to you.'' I said, hugging him tighter. He chuckled and caressed my hair.
''I'm fine. It was a misunderstanding, but the house is now ruined. Are you okay?'' He asked me.

I nodded my head, burying my face in his neck more. I love his smell. We stayed like this for a while before I felt my stomach rumble. He pulled away as I blushed a bit.

''I brought us food. Your mom said she will make the dinner.'' He chuckled. I noticed it's already early evening. He got up as I followed him out of the room.

We found my mom cooking dinner and she already set the table. We greeted to her before we sat down. Nathan and her are obviously on good terms because of how they were chatting with each other.

I realized my mom's room is next to ours. I mean, I'm going to sleep with Nathan because I got used to that and I like to cuddle with him.

When we finished with the dinner, I washed the dishes. Mom and Nathan were still talking about something, but I didn't pay them much attention.

After few hours, my mom went to her room as I headed to ours when hand pulled me back.
''Where do you think you're going?''
''To sleep.'' I said.
''We can't share the room. What will your mom think?'' Nathan said.
''She won't think anything. Let's go to sleep.'' I said pulling him, but stopped when he gave stern look.

I made watery puppy eyes and looked at him.
''Fine. I'm going to sleep on a couch.'' I said and went to lay on a couch. I heard him curse under his breath before he picked me up from the couch. I smiled secretly as he carried me to our room.

He put me down on a bed and removed his shirt and took clean shorts from the closet before coming in the bed with me. I immediately leaned on his chest and he wrapped his arm around me.

''You're spoiled.'' He said.
''Yes, I am.'' I proudly said. He chuckled and kissed my head. Nathan was out faster than me and I was soon following.