Chapter 12

Nathan's POV

''That motherf**ker. I will kill him.'' I muttered under my breath and sat down on a bed.
''What happened again?'' Amelia asked as she sat down next to me.
''He gave me a task.'' I sighed.

''What do you need to do?''
''Give a woman to human trafficking.'' I said. She gasped and put her hand on her mouth. I know how she feels. I feel disgusted to even think about it and yet, I need to do that.

''Can you help her?'' She asked me.
''I don't know. But I'm afraid I can't. Daniel is probably going to be on the auction.'' I said. Her face of hope was replaced with sadness as she looked to the floor.

I kneeled down in front of her and cupped her face in my hands. I leaned my forehead against hers as she looked at me with sad eyes.
''I promise I'll try to help her.'' I said and caressed her cheeks with my thumbs.
''You promise?'' I nodded and kissed her forehead.

Her mood increased right away as she hugged me. I will try to get that woman out, but if Daniel is going to be there, I have zero chance in succeeding. I just hope he won't be there.

Amelia finished eating her lunch as I got dressed. Before I got out, she gave me long lasting hug. I know she feels scared for that woman and I do too, but I already got used to hearing this kind of informations.

I got out of the room and headed to my van. I put on my sunglasses and drove off to the house. This woman is also debtor to Daniel and she is not rich so it will be kind of easier.

I parked near her house and waited and waited. Until it was evening when I take actions. I knocked on her door few times as she opened. When she saw me she tried to close it, but I was quick to enter and catch her.

''Who are you? What do you want? Let me go.'' She yelled trying to squirm out of my hold. I took the tape and put the piece over her mouth. The next I heard were muffling sound while I was tying her hands.

I got out and threw her in a back of a van. I'm sorry, ma'am. I thought to myself as I drove off to the place where auction will be held. I parked near the entrance and pulled the woman out.

I started going inside with the woman. There was all rich old men who wanted women as whores and maids. It was disgusting and horrible to see.

I held woman behind me and started searching for Daniel. I cursed when I saw him sitting in the first row in front of a stage. I don't have a chance against him and I know that. I pushed her to the auctioner and whispered 'I'm sorry' to her while she pleaded me with her eyes.

I turned to look at my boss who was looking at me with smirk. I nodded my head as he returned it in acknowledgement. I rushed out to calm myself down.

I'm disgusted with myself. But I have no choice. If I die, Amelia will be alone and no one would save her from that bastard. She would end up as that poor woman too and I won't let that happen ever.

I returned back to the house. I was not in a mood for anything. When I entered the room I saw Amelia on a bed, obviously waiting for me.

I took clothes from the closet and entered the bathroom. I can't look in her eyes. All I will see, will be disappointment and accusation.

I showered and got dressed. I got out and went to lie down on a bed.
''You didn't succeed, right?'' She asked.
''No.'' I replied as I turned away from her. She hugged me from behind, being a big spoon.
''He was there?''
''Yes.''

''How many woman you saved till now?'' She asked as I turned to look at her.
''Four.'' I answered.
''I'm sure that those four woman appreciate people like you now. And you should remember that you tried to save others too. I know you feel disgusted with yourself, but remember that you at least wanted to save her.''

Her words are true. I feel disgusted with myself, but I wanted to save her. But there wasn't a choice. Amelia could also get hurt if I made a mistake.

''Thank you.'' I said and kissed her forehead. She smiled in return. My phone suddenly dinged few times actually. When I opened it, I saw few videos from the same unknown number.

I started playing first video when I realized this is a video of Daniel murdering people himself.
''What is that?'' Amelia asked as he looked over at me.
''These are videos of Daniel killing people himself.'' Her eyes widened slightly as I shot down my phone and placed it back on the nightstand.

''That can be great evidence for police. Nathan, this person is helping you.'' Amelia said.
''I realized that. I will soon get him arrested.'' She smiled when I said that.

I put my arm around her waist as she put her head on my chest. I don't know who this person is, but I'm glad that he wants to help me. I kissed Amelia's head and was out when I closed my eyes.