Chapter 8

Amelia's POV

"So you're saying there is 50 of you here and others live somewhere else too?" I asked to make sure that I heard well.
"Yes. Some of them have families and some live on their own, but we're all in the same mafia." He explained.
"It's a lot of people then. But why did they choose to work for mafia?"
"They either wanted to make a lot of money or didn't have a choice."

"And you? What's your reason?" I asked him. He shifted on a bed a little.
"I'll tell you one day if we still see each other." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion but let go of a topic. I know he doesn't like to be questioned further when we talk like this.

"Come help me with this." I said. I was studying math and now I know who is perfect person to help me with this. He got up from bed as I got up from chair so he can sit. When he sat down on a chair, I sat down on his lap.

"What's wrong again?" He said making emphasize on 'again'. I chuckled and showed him the task. I have had hard time to solve this task and no matter how much I tried, I don't have a correct answer.

He took a pen and started writing something when I saw he got correct answer. This is not fair. How can he always do this? It's impossible. He tried to explain me, but I couldn't understand. I was never too good at Math.

"I don't understand. I don't want to do this anymore." I whined after 15 minutes of not understanding. He sighed in frustration and gripped my waist tighter.
"Listen here. You put this number here and divide it with this one. Then you need to multiply these two and just finish with brackets. Okay?" He explained that distressed.
"But what's with this one?"
"That stays like that. You can't calculate that."

I tried to solve the same kind of a task and I actually got correct answer. I smiled to myself when I succeeded. Nathan rolled his eyes when I kissed his cheek.
"Thank you, Nathan. You're so smart."
"Yeah, I know." He sassed.

I got up from his lap so he can go. He got up and went to lay on a bed. I think he will be perfect exemple for panda. He is cuddly and lazy, loves to eat and can sleep for whole day except when he is on a mission. Then, he can be whole day out and come back late at night.

I finished with studying and went to pick all the dirty laundry. I don't know why, but I become so excited when I go out to wash clothes. It's because I stay in this room for few days so I want to go out as soon as possible.

I went out after I took all clothes. I was quick to come to the laundry room to not meet anyone on my way. I already remember few faces that I saw, but thankfully never interacted with them.

I took the first empty washer and filled it with clothes. I closed the door from washer and pressed few buttons. Just when I was putting basket on a washer, I felt a hand on my butt. On instinct, I turned around and slapped the person.

"You're feisty! I like them like this." The man I slapped said while the other one just chuckled. And I realized I'm trapped by this two men. I tried to move him, but the other one grabbed my arm and pushed me back.

"Let me go!" I yelled. They chuckled when one of them started touching my hair.
"Why don't we have a little bit of a fun? Right, Rich?" He asked the other one while I just wanted Nathan to come here and move them away from me.

I started punching them but it was waste because they grabbed my hands and put them behind me. The other one started tracing his fingers down my neck making me shiver in disgust. I couldn't control my tears. I felt so disgusted.

Suddenly, the one who was holding my hands was yanked off of me and I saw Nathan punching him.
"What the f**k are you doing, Holden?" Nathan yelled at him while he cowarded in fear. Nathan was bigger than both of them and could easily beat them.

He pushed the other guy as I wrapped my arms around his neck. He lifted my legs and I wrapped them around his waist.
"If I ever see something like this going on again, you'll face Boss and it won't be pretty." He said and got out of the room.

He held my bottom as we were going to our room. I sobbed in his neck whole the time. I was so distressed and hurt. How can somebody be so disgusting?

He entered the room and closed the door behind us. He sat down on the bed, holding me tightly.
"I'm sorry for not coming earlier." I lifted my head from his neck and wiped my tears.
"They came suddenly and grabbed my butt. They said they wanted to have fun with me. I wanted to get out, but one of them pinned my hands behind me." I explained. He tucked the hair behind my ears and wiped my face that was drenched with tears.

"Did they hurt you somewhere?"
"My wrists hurt." I showed him and I could clearly see redness forming.
"They have always been assholes. Let's put them under cold water." He said and I got up from his lap. He put them under cold water for few minutes and wiped them with towel. He put some ointment on them and led me out of the bathroom.

"What do you want to do now?" He asked me after I sat down on a bed.
"Anything?" I smiled.
"Anything."
"Can we watch a movie on your phone?" I asked.
"Yes. Go change in pajama and then we will watch." I nodded and took my pajama before changing in the bathroom.

When I got out, he was already waiting for me on a bed. I jumped on the bed and cuddled to his side. He wrapped his arm around me and turned on the movie he chose. I was falling asleep more that he caressed my hair. The last thing I felt were his lips on my forehead.