Chapter 9

Nathan's POV

"You're pretty." I whispered as I watched her sleep soundly. She looks so angelic. I feel so sad to know her father doesn't care about her because he kept saying to Boss that he will soon pay off and he has been talking like that ever since she was taken.

She turned to me and snuggled closer to my chest. I smiled at her and put my hand in her hair. Her hair smells on strawberries and it's really nice. She is perfect in every way even if she doesn't know how to do math or when she asks too many questions.

I'm seriously considering leaving mafia. I always knew this lifestyle isn't for me, but Boss was the one who set boundaries for me which I regretted from the start. I should have never accepted his offer, but I was blinded kid.

That's why I think Amelia is more mature than I was before. She knows her goal and she is really trying to achieve it. I find her really amazing for that and I hope she will succeed in a future. I want to help her how much she needs with education.

I only finished high school and my biggest regret is not going to college. I knew I could have achieved much more, but the job I started doing set my boundaries.

I want to leave mafia. I want to leave this life and start new one with Amelia by my side. I want her to be with me. In almost a month, she changed me. Changed my views on different things. She awoken the feeling of love I always needed.

"Nathan, are you okay?" I heard her asking me. She looked at me sleepily.
"I'm fine. Why are you asking?" I smiled.
"You have been hugging me really tight since I woke up." I realized that I really hugged her too tight and released my arms around her.

"Sorry." I chuckled. She smiled and kissed my cheek before getting up. I felt my face heating up after her gesture. She always kisses your cheek, why are you getting all shy now, dumbass? I asked myself and got up.

She got out of the bathroom and opened the wardrobe while I...just stared at her. She is so gorgeous.
"Nathan, you can go in now." She said snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah, I know." I rushed out and went inside. I took a cold shower and brushed my teeth after.

I dressed in sweatpants and plain white T-shirt. I went to take breakfast for her. I quickly ate my toast and filled a tray with food for her. They know I have a girl in my room, but they don't know who is she and they won't find out.

I got inside the room where I saw my Boss with the guys who molested Amelia. They had smug look on their faces making me angry, but I kept my face blank. They probably ranted out a lie to Boss about what happened. I'm sure of it.

"Hello, Boss! May I ask what's going on?" I asked as I set a tray on the table.
"She did something undespicable to my men." He said. Amelia cowarded behind me and held onto my shirt.

"She is here as a captive. She can't act however she wants here." Boss said with his threatening voice that never scared me.
"I'm sure you misunderstood something. She never did anything you think." I said calmly. He reached out for his gun and pointed it to my forehead. I heard small gasp coming from Amelia as she gripped my shirt like her life depends on it.

"Do you defend her?"
"No. I'm just speaking the truth." I answered looking at him.
"And what's the truth?" I looked at these two assholes and smirked.
"I ordered her to wash the clothes in a laundry room where I found these two molesting her. If I didn't come they would go further and it wouldn't end well. That means, Boss, they lied to you." I explained.

"Is that truth? You two lied to me?" Boss lowered his gun and turned to them. They started stuttering and making excuses while I smirked.
"This won't repeat ever again. Let's have some fun, boys!" Boss said and opened the door as they rushed out. I know exactly what kind of 'fun' will they get.

Once they got out, I turned to Amelia and hugged her. She clutched onto my shirt and started climbing on me which I found adorable. She wrapped her legs around my waist as I held her bottom.
"He a-almost..." She stuttered out, crying.
"He wouldn't kill me. Are you alright? They didn't hurt you before I came?"
"No." She shook her head. I kissed side of her head and caressed her hair.

When she finished sobbing, I put her down and sat her on a chair. She started eating and I went to change my shirt that's been drenched with her tears.

She finished eating and laid down on bed. She curled up on a ball just like when she first came here. I came to her side and sat down.
"Do you want to go out in a garden?" I asked slowly.
"You have garden here?" She looked up. I nodded.
"There are not many people in the house so we can go now."
"Okay."

We got out of the room and I headed towards back door of the house. The garden is really pretty here and really big. Some of the men workout here in the early morning when nobody is up yet. It's really peaceful there and I would come here at the begining to isolate myself from the rest of a people.

"It's so pretty." She gasped looking at the open space.
"I know." I chuckled. She went towards the roses and picked one. She held it delicately like it's made of a glass. I led her towards the little bench under the tree and sat her on my lap.

"Do you like it here?" I asked her. She eagerly nodded and smiled.
"Flowers are so pretty."
"You can come here, but make sure it's after breakfast or lunch. There is not much people then, okay?" I asked as I tucked her hair behind her ear. She nodded and leaned her head on my shoulder. She started looking at my hands which I find adorable. I don't know why is she always doing that.

"Why do you have tattoos?" She asked me.
"Because I like them." I chuckled.
"I think they're pretty, especially these on your hands."
"Thank you." I said and kissed her head.