22.1: Clearing The Air

Start from the beginning

April laughed and looked at Chris. "Not gonna lie I definitely thought of you while whooping her ass but ya good you've shown a lot of growth and we don't have those types of problems or problems at all anymore. Now I may think bout the past once in a blue but you and I are in a good place. You're a great father and friend. Bestie Chris is so much better than boyfriend Chris. I do owe you an apology though for throwing shit in ya face again. It wasn't my intentions at all but cream cheese lil baby crazy brought it up so sorry for making you hear the same shit we both don't want to hear or talk bout anymore" she said sincerely. What people failed to realize is that when shit was thrown in Chris's face that it was also thrown in her face and vice versa. April hated that shit because those were her lows and the times she considered herself weak for staying with a man who didn't want to be kept, had community dick, had a baby on her, and wasn't there for her when she needed him the most. It was a constant reminder of everything bad.

"Bestie ya good besides it wasn't ya fault anyway. I just wish people would leave that subject alone period especially when it doesn't have shit to do with them. I know what I did just like you know what I did and we've moved on from it. I just wish they'd let me live. I torture myself enough as it is. I'm constantly reminded that I fucked up and no matter how hard I try to better myself and be better to you they remind me that I once had it all and lost it all" he said and sighed. He was tired of the constant reminders like he wasn't trying his best to be better man for himself and a better friend to April. He regretted everything that he had done to fuck them up and he was trying his best to make things right.

"You live and you learn and you've definitely been learning the error of your ways and I'm proud of you for admitting your faults and trying and doing right to change them. People will always talk as if they know some shit but that's it they just talk. But when the shoe is on the other foot and it's them they don't want the same treatment" Mama Joyce said to Chris. He had definitely been doing and trying his best to be a better man and so far he was doing a damn good job. He had improved a lot. He might have not been ready for a relationship but he was working on himself and making sure he was right with himself and that's all that mattered.

"Thanks mommy" Chris said and smiled at her.

"Quick question whose cream cheese" Mama Faye asked confused.

"Chris's ex who helped Agnes with this whole lil plan" Senior answered.

"Cream cheese though" Mama Faye said and scrunched her face making them laugh.

"Mommy it's Karrueche but since ma is Queen Petty she called her cream cheese" Dave said laughing.

"You mean cream cheese and lil baby crazy all in one sentence" August added.

"Ohhhh ok I'm not even about to try to pronounce that so cream cheese it is" she said nodding.

"I said the same thing" April laughed. "Anything you come up with is fine Mama" April added still on her petty shit.

"Krispy Krunchy Karrot Koochie or whatever you come up with is a go but there's a few for you for starters Mama" Mimi said.

"Please not the coochie word" Ian said and shook his head.

"Why not" Mimi asked confused.

"You don't want to know" Alaina said laughing.

"Sorry daddy" April said and scratched her head. He still wasn't over the bumping coochie comment and he most likely would never be.

"We'll fill you in later sis" Ebony said laughing.

"Ok but um I think I'll go next" she said and looked around the room and then laid her eyes on April. "I've known you for years and yes I started out as your personal assistant and made my way to your head secretary and now I'm a mixture of both. I know that our relationship started off as a business relationship but it's been between business and personal for years now. Y'all have all accepted me as part of the family and trust I love it so I will always have all of y'alls backs but stop singling me out. I want to fight too" Mimi said and pouted. "Shit, just tag me in one time. I can hold my own. I do understand why you didn't let me tag in yesterday and I appreciate that but sissssss let me in" Mimi said.