31: Life Is Good

Chapter 31: Life Is GoodDave

Dave

"A good life is when you smile often, dream BIG, laugh a lot, and realize how blessed you are for what you have."
[Author: KUSHANDWIZDOM]

"Yessssssss this is it" April said as her eyes lit up in amazement as she let go of Dave's hand and took in her surroundings. Dave couldn't do shit but smile. He still couldn't believe that they were finally at this point in their relationship but here they were and he couldn't be any happier at the moment. "Papi can you see it" she asked looking back at him with a smile plastered on her face as she aimlessly walked around the room imagining how their actual wedding reception would turn out.

"I can see it ma" he smiled as he made his way over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

"I'm serious Papi" she said as she placed one of her hands on top of his loving the closeness of their bodies against one another. "This lil setup is nice as hell but once mommy and mama put their spin to it plus the wedding planner this shit is gonna be legit" she said as they continued to make their way around the room looking at the mock wedding reception.

Dave had to admit that he actually liked the setup as well but he knew it could be better. By the time his mother, April's, and the wedding planner put their stamp on it, it would be out of this world and even better...as it should be. "I can see it ma and I'm feeling it but I'm like you it'll be fly as fuck once our moms and Tesha add to it" he said looking around the room getting a feel for it himself. From the looks it was nice like she said but it could definitely be amped up to match their fly exactly. For one it was a huge room. It could definitely accommodate all of their guests plus more, it had the look, the feel, and most importantly he could see them in that moment. He could see them walking inside the venue standing side by side with their heads held high. He could see the smiles on their faces as they held hands with their fingers intertwined as they were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. David Brewster Jr. Dave could see April dressed in a beautiful white gown standing in the middle of the floor as he stood in front of her for their first dance. He could see it all.

"Exactly this is nice but I need it to really match our fly. It's not giving me the glam and sparkle I need. It's giving me fancy but not fancy enough. I'm being mindful of the budget but this ain't matching the budget Papi" Yes she said budget. Why? Because they had one. Dave knew that April could pay for the wedding alone but that wasn't going down in his books. So they had sat down and come up with a number they were both comfortable with each other spending. Then Ian had wanted to pay for the whole thing but April didn't want him to. She felt a way about it because he had came out of pocket for the first one and even though she didn't use the money for it they still ended up opening a business together with it. But of course Ian being Ian and the father that he is wouldn't accept no for an answer so instead of paying all they decided to let him pay for half including the dress. The other half would come from Dave and April. So he knew what the budget looked like and they definitely had more funds to play with. So if his woman wanted a certain look she was going to get whatever she asked for...as long as it was in the budget.