Some Explanations

TW: Amnesia, Remus being Remus.

3rd POV
Remus summoned a black comfy recliner chair and gestured to Virgil to sit. Virgil bit his lip nervously and slowly made his way over to the chair, instantly sinking into it when he sat down. Deceit sighed, taking off his fedora and runs his fingers through his hair. "Well ask away I guess" Deceit said, giving Virgil a half smile. Virgil took a deep breath before speaking. "Who are you? Where am I? Where is Logan, Patton and Roman?" He questioned frantically. Remus held his hands up. "Woah there emo calm the fuck down. One at a time" He chuckled. Virgil raised his eyebrows. "Didn't snakey over here say to 'ask away'" He commented, Deceit let out a small laugh. He sorely missed Virgil's sass even if he lost his memory. Remus pouted and crossed his arms, Virgil smirking in return. Deceit cleared his throat gaining the attention of the two immature sides. "For the first question, my name is Janus but I am better known as Deceit, Thomas's lying or deceitful side" He then gestured to Remus. "This is Remus but he is known as the Duke, he is -" "The insane crazy thoughts that run through Thomas's head like making a sandcastle out of his friends ashes!" He shouted but faltered when he saw Virgil flinch as his volume.

Virgil nodded, fiddling with his arm sleeves. "Okay....where am I?" He asked again. "Well you're still in the mindpalace but instead of the light side, you're in the dark side where us 'bad' parts of Thomas live." Deceit explained. Virgil frowned in confusion, his gaze going back and forth between the two dark sides. "How are you guys bad?" He questioned. Deceit and Remus looked at each other then back at the anxious side. "Well Remus gives Thomas intrusive thoughts like-" "Sniffing a dogs butt!" Remus interrupted with his usual outburst that made Virgil giggle a little. Deceit just sighed. "Yes...that." He says before continuing. "I make Thomas lie to his friends and sometimes to himself" Virgil scrunched up his face before nodding in understanding. Remus, who now flipped himself upside down on the couch so his head was on the floor and his legs over the top, looked at Virgil. "Any more questions?" He asked. "Where is Logan, Patton and that prince looking dude" Virgil asked completely forgetting Roman's name. "Like we said the place is split, and we are in the dark mind palace so that means they live in the light mind palace." Deceit cleared. Virgil humming in response before realisation struck him.

"Why...why am I here?"  He asked timidly. The two dark sides' breathing hitched, they were dreading this question. Remus was the one to answer. "W-well since before you lost your memory, you lived here with us for most of your existence before leaving and going to the light sides" Remus said sadly. The emo's eyes widened in shock. "Wait wait what?! I used to live here?" He questioned. Remus and Deceit nodded, their chests tightening. "Why...why did I leave?" He asked noticing the pain in both of their eyes. Remus shrugged. "You left to go prove the lights that we darks aren't that bad and we also help Thomas." He said. "But for some reason the door between us wouldn't let you leave, so we tried so many times to go talk to you but the others wouldn't let us" Remus finished, the sadness clear in his voice. "But when you were panicking from meeting Thomas, the lights and us made an agreement. Since you lived here for half of your life they thought that it would be a...start to get your memories back" Virgil nodded, deep in thought, trying to remember but he just couldn't for the life of him and ending up with a headache and flashes of peoples face but it seemed to disappear as soon as it came. Said side groaned, rubbing his forehead with his knuckles, hoping to get rid of the headache.

Deceit and Remus were instantly filled with concern. "Virge you okay?" Remus asked. Virgil nodded, his eyes closed. "Yeah just a headache, I'll be fine" He said waving his free hand. The other two nodded their heads reluctantly. Deceit remembered a question he was supposed to ask. "Hey Vee?" He voiced. Virgil lifted his head, opening his eyes and looking at Deceit. "Where are your wings. Virgil's face turned into confusion before making an 'O' face and shrugged off his jacket and shirt. Deceit and Remus blushing madly while holding their noses that were bleeding just looking at Virgil's curves and his pale body. Virgil blushed in embarrassment or something else no one could tell, turned around showing off two purple and black wing tattoo's on each shoulder blade. Virgil took a breath and concentrating on the tattoo's on his back and soon enough two dark grey wings with purple tips popped out of his back, shocking Deceit and Remus. Both of them stared in awe, mesmerised by how beautiful the wings were, sure they saw them while they were growing up but that didn't make them any less gorgeous.

Both were disappointed when Virgil tucked them away again and put back on his clothes. After while of comfortable silence Virgil had another question. "Why is it that I feel...smaller I guess?" He asked. "It's called being a little. You go into a mindset of a child to get away from stress and other problems or just for fun" Deceit said smiling. "You developed this when Thomas did his first show and tour. You didn't want to keep giving Thomas anxiety while he was on stage so you found something to keep yourself and Thomas calm" Virgil smiled a little at this. Remus leaned forward. "We were your caregivers until you got stuck." he said. Virgil nodded. "Usually you are around 2-4 but you can be older or smaller" Remus finished. Virgil looked up at Remus and Deceit while tugging on his hoodie strings, biting his lip. "Can...Can I see Thomas again?" He asked timidly. Remus and Deceit looked at each other with uncertainty before looking back at the anxious side. "Yeah but why?" Deceit questioned. Virgil shrugged. "I freaked out last time and I wanna apologise but I also wanna meet him....again" Virgil said. Deceit and Remus agreed and held Virgils hand when they sunk out.

Thomas, who was sitting on his couch watching The Office for the umpteenth time, jumped when he saw the three dark sides. Thomas waved at them, sitting up properly. "Hey guys" Thomas greeted. Deceit and Remus voiced their greets but Virgil just gave him a two-finger salute. Thomas's eyes softened when he saw Virgil. "Hey Virge, how you feeling?" He asked. Virgil shrugged. "As good as anxiety can get I guess" he mumbled. Thomas nodded while chuckling a little. "Have you been little yet?" He asked which made Remus and Deceit shocked. They definitely weren't expecting Thomas to know about it. Virgil looked at Deceit and Remus with caution in his eyes but nodded slowly. Deceit decided to speak up, stepping forward when he did. "How long did you know about Virgil being a little?" Deceit asked. Thomas smiled. "For a while actually. I was the one that took care of him when he was but I only did it six months before this happened" Thomas explained. They all looked at Virgil who was looking at a family picture but faced them when they looked at them, he could feel their gaze burning into his soul. Virgil held his hands up in surrender. "Don't look at me, I'm the one who lost his memory and can't remember shit" Virgil rushed feeling anxiety pool up. Deceit went next to him and hugged him from the side. "We know buddy and we have to find out how to undo the lost memory." Deceit looked at Thomas. "Logan said that this is only temporary right?" He asked.

Thomas shifted his weight to one foot. "Yeah I guess. I'll ask him later and then tell you" He said. Deceit nodded and looked at Remus who was currently trying to eat the stair railing. Deceit sighed and smacked him over the head making him moan out. "Harder~" he moaned. Deceit blushed and dragged him away from the stairs, apologising to Thomas while Virgil was standing their confused, trying to figure out why it made Deceit blush and Thomas laugh. "What does that mean?" Virgil asked innocently. Thomas stopped laughing and stared at him in shock as well as Deceit and Remus. "Nothing! Nothing! It means nothing." Deceit rushed out before spinning to face Remus. Remus shrink under Deceits terrifying gaze. "We are going to talk about what you said when he get home" He said, his voice deathly steady and dark. Remus gulped and nodded, laughing nervously. "Alrighty then let's go because we have dinner to prepare" Deceit stated back to his normal self, facing Thomas again. Thomas nodded still shocked at what just happened. "Well then goodbye everyone and Virgil it was nice to see you again" Thomas said. Virgil nodded still being a confused bean. "Likewise Thomathy" He said grabbing Deceits hand. They sunk out with Remus mouthing 'Save Me' to Thomas who laughed and sat back down to continue watching the Office.

That night the dark sides made steak and salad with a food fight which Virgil won surprisingly. Remus did get mouthful of stern talking by Deceit to not say dirty things in front of Virgil to ruin his now innocent mind which Remus reluctantly agreed too. They ended the night watching The Nightmare before Christmas but also fell asleep on each other, Remus having a drink stain on his shirt from when it spilled on him. All in all it was a good day for them, they were happy, content and safe.