Memories forgotten

TW: Fighting, blood, amnesia(?)

3rd POV
A hiss-like grunt could be heard in the clearing that was surrounded by tall oak trees. Deceit was falling to the floor as Roman knocked him down with his katana. Deceit looked up at him, glaring with a trickle of blood pouring out of the side of his mouth. Remus was instantly by his side, helping him up while glaring at Roman as well. Logan went and stood by Roman's side, pushing up his glasses, getting ready for another round of fighting. Virgil was currently with Patton who was sitting against the tree, cradling his arm that had a bloody gash on it. He would heal it but he was too weak to do so after being knocked back into the tree. Virgil was wrapping his arm up with a piece of his short that he had torn off, his dark grey wings with purple ends were flapping and twitching anxiously while he was doing this. Virgil didn't want to fight so he didn't, both sides were his family he couldn't pick between them. The dark sides had raised him to be who he was but the light sides helped him embrace himself and love himself. So there Virgil was watching the fight with a heavy heart, he doesn't even know what they're fighting about this time.

He watched as Deceit stood up with Remus' help and nodded at him to commence the plan. Reus nods back and he ran up to Logan so fast that Logan couldn't comprehend what happened as Remus' mace hit him upside the head, falling unconscious before he hit the ground. Remus ran back to stand next to Deceit with a demented smile. "Logan!" Roman ran over to Logan's unconscious body to check if he was still alive. He breathed a sigh of relief but that didn't last long as red hot anger coursed through and he glared menacingly at the dark sides. "You'll pay for that" Roman growled, grabbing his katana that he had dropped to the floor and held it out in front of him. Deceit smirked and Remus just giggled maniacally. Deceits hands started to glow yellow as he readied up and Remus did the same thing. They've been planning this move for months, trying over and over again to perfect it and they finally have although they're both not sure what it could do to any of them but they have to do this...for everyone. Remus and Deceit joined hands and they're powers mixed together, the colours swirling around each other, twisting like two snakes together.

Roman's eyes widened, his grip on his katana slacked as he watched the colours swirling powerfully with fear but also in fascination. Virgil had dragged Logan away and propped him against the tree with Patton feeling the gust of winds and watching the leaves on the tree flutter and blow with force. Virgil looked back to see Roman frozen and started running to him when he saw Deceit and Remus aim the colours at Roman, the colours twisting around each other. Roman tried to move but he felt glued to the floor. "Roman move!" Virgil shouted at him, half flying and half running towards him. Roman twisted his body trying to move his feet, his legs, anything but couldn't. "I can't!" He shouted back but froze in fear as the colours came closer. Just before it could hit him though he was pushed out of the way landing on the floor roughly. He could faintly hear Patton shouting. Virgil was struck by the colours and it was like everything he ever experienced flashed before his eyes but was gone in less than a second, wiped from his mind. Virgil's eyes rolled into the back of his head and he fell forwards towards the floor but was caught by Roman who had gathered himself, being careful with his wings.

Deceit and Remus' eyes widened and they instantly sunk out, cursing while doing so since their plan hadn't gone the way they had wanted it to. Roman quickly scooped Virgil into his arms and ran over to where Logan and Patton were. Thankfully Logan had woken up and was now healed by Patton who finally had enough energy to do so. Logan did a quick once over on Virgil and saw a few burns and cuts on his wings but nothing too major. "There seems to be nothing wrong with him but we will have to wait until he wakes up to assess any mental damage that was inflicted" Logan stated, standing up with a slight stumble. Patton and Roman stood up, Roman holding Virgil in his arms. They sunk out and was back into the mindpalace, Roman instantly placing Virgil on the couch, draping his wings over the sides of the couch and covering him in a fluffy dark purple blanket. Patton sat in front of the couch, grabbing Virgil's hand and holding it tightly as tears fell down his face. "Why?" He started. "Why would he sacrifice himself instead of just pushing you out of the way and staying of the way himself?" Patton ranted. Roman wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and kissed gently on the head. "I don't know love, I honestly don't and I cant help to think that it was my fault" Roman said with tears also streaking down his face. Patton looked up at Roman with a stern look. "Roman it is not your fault" Patton said.

"But it is! If only I could've moved I would've gotten out of the way and no one would've been hurt!" Roman exclaimed half sobbing. Patton took his hand out of Virgil's and placed it on Roman's cheek and looked into his eyes lovingly. "Roman listen to me, this was not your fault okay? This was deceit and Remus' doing. It was their fault that this is happening not yours, not mine, not anyones" Patton reassured. Roman nodded and leaned into his shoulders, sobbing uncontrollably while Patton was rubbing his back and whispering sweet nothings to him. Logan came into the living room with a med kit and his eyes softened at the sight of his boyfriends in front of him. He placed the kit on the coffee table and hugged Roman from behind, wrapping his arms around them both. After while of crying and reassurance from each other, they split apart and Logan got to work patching Virgil up. He cleaned d the cuts and wrapped them, rubbed ointment on the burns then wrapping them up securely but comfortably. Now they were sitting at the dinner table having pasta well picking at the pasta, no one really had an appetite right now.

They were washing up when they fist heard the whimper. They looked at each other in confusion thinking that one of them made the sound but another whimper was heard then they understood where it came from. Virgil was the first thought. They dropped what they were doing and rushed into the living room but was stopped at the sight of Virgil. Virgil was tossing and turning like he was trying to get out of something, his fists were clenched to the point that they looked white. His face was crunched up in pain. Patton instantly went over to try and comfort him but froze when Virgil's eyes shot open and he sat up so quick it looked like a blur. Virgil felt anxiety and panic well up inside him as he found himself in an unfamiliar setting, not remembering anything except his name. Virgil looks around and his eyes finally rested on the other sides and his eyes widened in fear. He backed away as far as he could but ended up falling on the floor still panicking, his eyes darting everywhere, his body shaking like a leaf. The sides in front of him looked at him confused and tried approaching but stopped when they saw Virgil flinch and back away into the wall, he winced when his wings hit the wall a little too hard. "Virge, what's the matter? It's us" Roman questioned gesturing to everyone but faltered when he saw Virgil flinch again. Virgil looked at them through his bangs and finally spoke, his voice hoarse.

"W-who ar-are you?"

G'day everyone! So yes I thought it would be cute to only make Roman, Logan and Patton be in a relationship while Virgil gets to be in a relationship with someone else but I will let you guys do the guessing. I hope you all enjoy this book because I have so many ideas for this book! As always stay tuned for the next chapter. See ya guys!