Memories regained

TW: Lots of arguing and angry sides. That's pretty much it.

3rd POV
"What? How? When? AND WHY?" Roman burst out, his eyes as wide as they could go. Patton and Logan were just beside themselves with shock. Deceit passed the sleeping Virgil over to Remus and prepared himself for the explanation and a possible argument. "Ever since Virgil formed and lived with us, he couldn't cope with the anxious and terrible thoughts that would form in his brain and so he found a coping mechanism that would help him whenever something stressful happened" Deceit explained, huffing at the end. Logan snapped his fingers. "So I was right he is a little and that's why he always hid in his room when he was with us." He concluded but a look of regret passed his face. "As for him regressing right now, I believe that's my fault. I asked if he was a little and I guess it stressed him out too much" Deceit nodded. "It's alright thou-" He was cut off by Patton who finally snapped out of his shock and he wasn't happy. "I'm sorry but do you really think you are qualified of looking after my child?" Patton accused. Deceit and Remus instantly glared at the moral side.

"Excuse me who do you think you are to tell us if we are good enough caregivers?" Remus spat out with a scowl. Roman jumped into the conversation. "Don't take that tone with my boyfriend rat" He snarled. Remus rolled his eyes. "I won't if he doesn't talk shit about me and my boyfriends" Remus rebutted. "I am just saying that we would be more capable of taking care of Virgil when he's little than you" Patton said which raised a lot more arguments. The arguments only grew and when Logan and Thomas tried to calm them they were shut down and all they could do was watch. It was when Roman pulled out his katana then Remy was summoned to hold Virgil while Remus got out his Morningstar. As the arguments got louder, Virgil had woken up and this time not in the mindset of a two year old. He took out the paci that was in his mouth and put it in his pocket as Remy was too occupied with watching the arguing. Virgil finally noticed what was going on. Patton and Deceit were engaged in a screaming match while Roman and Remus were literally fighting each other while shouting.

The anxious side caught snippets of the arguments and knew that they were fighting over him which sent an air of familiarity as a headache grew. They shouldn't fight over me. Why can't the lights see that I want to be with Deceit and Remus. I love them but I need to be with them. They need to understand Virgil's thoughts and worries took over his mind, his eyes glowing a powerful magenta and his breathing starts to pick up. Remy finally notices that the emo in his arms was shaking and that his breathing was laboured, he gasped when he saw that his eyes were glowing and Remy could feel Virgil's wings trying to make there way out. Remy quickly shoved past Logan and Thomas and placed the panicking side on the couch where he started tossing and turning almost frantically. The panic that Logan, Thomas and Remy were feeling from Virgil was almost overwhelming. Remy shook it off and turned to the sides that were still arguing making Remy roll his eyes. "GUYS!" He shouted, his voice projecting over theirs. They faced Remy with annoyance. "Are you so blind to see what's happening to Virgil?" Remy scoffed.

In an instant, Deceit and Remus were next to Virgil who's eyes have now slipped shut but his face was scrunched up either in anger, annoyance or panic no one could tell. Remus placed his hand on his shoulder and shook him gently. "Please Stormcloud wake up." Remus tried, worry and panic flooding his body when he got no response. "Please Virgil wake up!" Deceit called out, tears filling his eyes shocking everyone since no one has ever seen him cry except for Remus. When Patton tried to come closer to the dark sides, Deceit caught the movement and let out a ferocious hiss making Patton recoil in shock and walk into Logan's chest. Deceit glared and when he was sure that Patton wasn't going to move he turned his attention back to his boyfriend, taking his hand and bringing it to his face. "Please Stormcloud....please" He whispered, tears falling.

It felt like Virgil was watching a movie from inside his mind. Scene after scene were memories of him with both of his family's. He had to say, he was pretty embarrassed when he watched a memory of Deceit and Remus taking care of him in littlespace and made a mental note to thank them. Memories popped up of different scenarios. When he was in the kitchen baking sweets with Patton and getting flour all over the kitchen, Logan was not happy when he found out. Making potions and elixirs with Roman while in the imagination after searching the ingredients, Virgil had 'accidentally' turned Roman into a toad which caused laughs. Stargazing and talking about conspiracy's with Logan while they were supposed to be in bed, Patton had caught them and gave them both a big lecture after that. Binge watching Parks and Rec with Thomas for the fiftieth time while laughing at Chris Pratt. Virgil had to huff a laugh at all of these memories and winced when he saw the bad ones come up as well but he didn't want to deal with those.

The biggest ones that his mind had to show him were the memories he had made with his boyfriends. Remus taking him into his side of the imagination where there were no rules at all and tried to summon the devil or at least what he thought it would look like. That process required thinking and imagining what it would look like so Remus literally created a giant blood coloured dick with black horns and a studded tail. When Remus saw it he laughed so much while Virgil stood in shock and looked at the so called 'devil' with disgust and smack Remus in the arm telling him to get rid of it. Virgil sighed at the sight in disappointment but had to let out a chuckle. The scene shifted to where Deceit and Virgil had snuck into Roman's side of the imagination and had wondered into a pet shop which held quite literally all animals. One animal had caught Deceit's eye which was a two headed yellow snake. Virgil noticed and went back the next day and bought it for him. Deceit cried tears of happiness and made Remus summon a tank and some rats to feed it. He named the snake after the snakes from Harry Potter and The Jungle Book, Kaa and Nagini.

Everything faded and it was pitch black which made Virgil feel a pit in his stomach like something was going to wrong and he was right and wished he wasn't. All the bad memories showed themselves. All the fighting, arguments and so many nights crying and missing the dark sides while scared of losing the light sides, regressing without his caregivers to look after him. A heavy weight set on his chest as he watched all of the bad memories pop up. Guilt and sadness was all he felt, he never realised how much pain he put everyone through by just changing sides. Virgil knew he would have to apologise to everyone when he woke up. Suddenly everything faded away and his mind was black and he felt himself starting to wake up. All exhaustion he felt came rushing back with his memories regained making him groan aloud. It was difficult to open his eyes so he kept them closed, a ringing in his ear was annoying him. He could hear voices but it was muffled but to him it sounded like the dark sides.

"-Irge, Virgil!" Virgil groaned as his head was pounding like a bowling ball hit him in the head. "Shuddup" He mumbled out, grabbing his head. "You're too loud" Whoever was talking immediately shut up. A voice whispered to him. "Stormcloud can you open your eyes for me?" They asked. It was a struggle but Virgil finally managed to open his eyes but he had to blink a few times for the blurriness to go away. He sighed happily when he saw his boyfriends and smiled. "Hi" He laughed out. Deceit and Remus let out a small shaky laugh, tears of happiness shinning in their eyes. Virgil held out his arms. "Help me up" He wined. Remus smiled and quickly picked him up and traded spots with him, sitting Virgil in his lap causing him to squeak and blush in embarrassment, slapping his chest making Remus chuckle and place a kiss on his cheek. Remus patted the spot next to him and Deceit immediately sat next to them, grabbing hold of Virgil's hands and kissing it. "You had us so scared Stormy" Thomas said with relief in his eyes. Virgil lowered his head in guilt. "Sorry" He said timidly before blushing in embarrassment as he realised that the others were surrounding him. Anxiety welling up, he started wringing his hands together before Deceit grabbed both of them to stop him.

"Are you feeling alright Virgil?" Logan asked. Virgil smiled widely. "Better than ever" He exclaimed. Everyone looked at him with confused looks but Logan's brightened up. "Do you-" Virgil nodded, his smile wider then they've ever seen.
"I remember everything!"

I know this is shit but I have no ideas for what to do after this soo gimme ideas please! Also I'm really sorry for leaving it so long but it's finally school holidays for me so I can update more. Accept this cookie as an apology 🍪
As always stay tuned for the next chapter. See ya guys ❤️❤️