Chapter 7: Day 1

A/N: I have seriously lost all frikken motivation for this and I feel bad but whatever. Just know my writing is going to be terrible.
-

The group had finally made it to their destination. They were all extremely tired and needed sleep. The moment they all got to the cabin, they chose rooms quickly, and all fell asleep instantly. They were so tired that they didn't even get ready for bed. They didn't brush their teeth, shower, or even change into comfortable clothes.

The next day, everyone woke up around 8 in the morning. Hunk woke up earlier around 7 in the morning and had got up to make some breakfast for the group. They all silently ate their breakfast. Once everyone finished they all sat in silence, thinking of all the possible things they could be doing. Shiro was the first to speak. "How about we all wake ourselves up and go out for a nice swim." Everyone immediately ran to their rooms to get into their swimsuits.

Shiro:

Keith:

Keith:

Lance:

Lance:

Matt:

Hunk:

Hunk:

Pidge:

Pidge:

If you want to imagine them in different swimsuits that's okay

If you want to imagine them in different swimsuits that's okay. I just spent like 30 minutes looking for good photos so..
-

Once they all had changed, they headed out towards the huge pool. It had a waterfall and a hot tub connected to it. Lance did cannonball into the pool immediately. Keith and Shiro followed after. Hunk, Pidge, and Matt all went into the hot tub instead. Shiro saw this and immediately came out with a plan. He winked at Keith and Keith just stared at him with a confused look. Once Keith finally figured out what Shiri was hinting, he made an O shape with his mouth and then blushed a vibrant red. He dunked himself into the water.

Lance had occupied himself by doing flips and other tricks in the water. This gave Shiro time to get out of the pool and go over to the rest of the group. Leaving Keith and Lance alone. Lance didnt notice that until he accidentally bumped into Keith while doing a flip. He had looked at Keith to say sorry before looking around. "Did Shiro leave?" Lance asked Keith and Keith nodded, motioning that he did, in fact, leave. Lance said, "Okay." and then continued doing flips. Keith mentally slapped himself. He didnt know if it was too early or too late to tell Lance how he felt.

The whole reason Keith and Shiro decided to plan the trip was so Keith had time to confess to Lance. It's stupid, but Keith hoped it would work. He had a whole week plus some to plan everything out. He knew he didnt need to rush into things. So for now..he was just going to have to show Lance tiny hints. He knew Lance could never take a hint, but he would try anyway. Keith swam over to the other side of the pool, a little ways away from Lance. Lance noticed this and mentally frowned until he saw Keith doing flips too.

Lance smiled knowing Keith was trying to impress him. They continued their flips and tricks until the others noticed that their fun had become a competition. Basically Lance and Keith had set up a dangerous jump style that Shiro didn't allow. After that whole situation, it was lunch time, so they all had some food! Hunk cooked it, of course, and after they ate, they were lost in thought. Lost in thought. Lost in thought. Lost in-

"Hey Lance?" Lance looked up at the person who called out his name. "Oh hey Keith. What's up?" Keith shook his head and smiled. "Just wanted to know how you were." They both took a seat on the couch. "I've been better, but I hope to get some relaxation out of this trip." Keith looked up at Lance with confusion. "Do you never get days off and time to relax?" Lance shook his head and looked down. "I work every single day for 9 hours. My boss has me working double because she cant seem to find a replacement for some of the other positions."

Keith looked at him surprised, but then seemed angered. "What kind of boss loads up work for other departments on one worker?" Lance looked at Keith surprised and then made a soft frown. "My boss apparently." Keith shook his head and stared into Lance's ocean eyes. "Lance, how long has this been going on for?" Lance looked at Keith confused. "Uh like a year and 8 or so months...why?" Keith shook his head. "That boss is trying to lower the workers so that way she can have more money. She's never going to find a replacement..in fact..I think you're the replacement."

Lance was shocked at the sudden statements. Then it all clicked. Keith was right. It did seem like his boss was never truly looking for a replacement. "You should quit." Pidge came up to them after saying this. Lance raised his brow and shook his head. "I can't." Pidge stared at him without blinking. "Lance, look at me." Lance looked up at Pidge. "Quit. Your. Job." Lance sighed and looked back down at his hands. "I'm sorry, Pidge, but I can't do that. I need the money." Keith looked at Lance with sympathy and he softened his expression. "Lance, I'm sure you'll find a better job. I'm sure tons of businesses would love to hire the great SharpShooter."

Lance laughed through his breath and smiled. Keith smiled back. Keith. Smiled. Back. Pidge rolled her eyes and walked away. All she was thinking was,"I still dont get why they're not together." Lance blushed and laughed awkwardly. "That's funny, but I'm still not sure about it." Keith nodded his head. "You have a whole vacation to think about it, but dont stress over it. Remember, it's a vacation. Have fun." Keith smiled and Lance nodded his head. Keith got up and talked to Shiro about god knows what. Lance just sat there. His mind fixated on the thought of quitting his job. Then he shook it off and walked into his room.
---
A/N: Ayyyy this took literally 3 days haha

Hope you enjoyed the chapter haha buh bye
_________
Words: 1045