08

Now I wonder, where are you hiding your Voodoo doll?

--------------------------------

We were in the cafeteria for lunch when a least welcomed face appears next to our table.

"Hey, there," she tells with her high pitched doll-like voice, looking at Lan Zhan with a tilted head.

When it comes to 'shameless' people, if I use Lan Zhan's words, there are two kinds. First is average pranksters, the second is people who might as well walk naked on the road. This girl, Wang Lingjiao, is the best example for the second.

She's commonly called by her full name, except her boyfriend, Wen Chao, who goes around calling her 'Jiao-Jiao' as if she was an object he possessed. By the looks of it, she didn't mind being one. It's well known that a lot of men had shared her bed other than her boyfriend. No difference with Wen Chao either. So, when she shows up near your table at lunch, that's nothing but an invitation for trouble.

"Hello 'Jiao-Jiao'," I say with a polite smile. "Anything we can do to help you?"

Well, we have a history. Me and Cheng. According to her we 'publically criticized her with ill intentions'. It cost us a beating, but it was worth it.

"I'm not talking to you." She rolls her eyes. "Wangji." She drags the last syllable flirtatiously. "Any plans tonight?"

Lan Zhan looked dumbstruck. He kept looking at the table. I put my arm around his shoulder. "No luck today Jiao-Jiao. He's taken." There's no way I'd let her drag Lan Zhan into any trouble.

She scoffs and raises her eyebrows. "By you?"

"Well, I'd be glad to be," I say, partly because I want to save Lan Zhan, but mostly because I mean it.

"Anything wrong babe?" Wen Chao appears behind her and there was a clear annoyance in her face. For once I'm relieved about his presence.

"Nothing. There's a peasant with a bad mouth here." She says and I smile at her.

Peasant? Interesting word choice?

Wen Chao puts his arm around her waist and kisses her neck. This disgusts me to the core. Not being in a mood for trouble, we stay silent letting them do whatever they want.

Ignoring them completely, we go back to our conversations, but not all of us.

"Get a room." Jiang Chen yells unable to take it, losing his temper quicker than all of us as usual.

Wen Chao stops his actions for a minute. "We're not done." He says and leaves with his girlfriend. If he wasn't so into what he was doing, I'm sure Cheng will be going home with a bloody lip today.

 If he wasn't so into what he was doing, I'm sure Cheng will be going home with a bloody lip today

I thought about it today, about what I feel about Lan Zhan.

I try to spend time with him always and I keep looking for reasons to stay a bit longer. His simple 'Good Morning' texts spark up something inside. And today I realized that I feel uneasy when a random girl hits on him.