19

It's simple, you're mine...

--------------------------------------

A year later

Cheng has been whining since we left home. Today both of us forgot to set our alarms and ended up waking up late for classes, well not too late in my point of view, but Cheng missed the student council meeting. Our lifestyle has been a bit chaotic since Shijie's marriage because now there wasn't anyone to keep us in line in the house. And Cheng didn't take her absence too well.

When we reach the main gate of the college, I spot the guys near the flagpoles as usual. The guys and Sang's girlfriend to be more accurate. But there's another huge piece in the group missing.

"Where's Lan Zhan?" I ask as I approach them.

"Good Morning to you too," Xingchen says with a smirk.

I give them a sheepish smile. "Morning guys."

"I thought he was coming with you," Xingchen replies to my question.

It was a common thing for them to see the Lan Zhan and I come together. Well, that was the most case scenario.

"Well, he didn't. I'm off to find him." I say handing over the duty of listening to Cheng's rant to them.

I walk through the hallways, past the locker area, checked the music room just in case, and when I pass an empty corridor with unused lockers, I spot him.

What the fuck?

He wasn't alone. Wang Lingjiao was clinging to his arm, moving her face close to Lan Zhan who definitely wanted to get away from there.

You're holding something that's mine.

Wen Chao must have skipped school today. She wouldn't act this confidently if he's around.

I walk towards them and look to the far side of the corridor shout, "Hey, Wen Chao," who of course wasn't there.

Wang Lingjiao jolts back, glancing at the empty space I was looking at with horrified eyes. She looks back at me, and I smirk, walking over to stand next to Lan Zhan, whose gaze was a plea for me to not misunderstand.

"Fuck you, Wei Wuxian." She yells. Forgetting her doll voice and the fake modesty.

"I thought I made it clear that you won't last time," I smirk.

She was losing it. "Get lost, this is none of your business." She snaps.

I scoff. "Are you sure? I told you to leave him alone."

"What the fuck is your problem. Who are you? His bodyguard?"

I calmly smile at her. "I'm his boyfriend." It takes her a few seconds and a good glare from me to process what I said. "So I'm asking you to stay the fuck out," I emphasize each word making her flinch. "Come, Lan Zhan."

I don't wait for his reply to drag him by his hand and walk out of the corridor. "Wei Ying?" he calls me.

I stay silent. I take him to an empty classroom and close the door behind us.

"Are you mad?" he asks.

Hell, I am. But not at him. At her. "If she does that again, at least tell her to go."

"I thought she was just trying to talk to me."

I sigh. "Sometimes, you're too innocent Lan Zhan."

He comes close and wraps his arms around me. "Sorry."

There's one thing I can't do. Being mad at him.