20

Feast on these sides only you and I have seen...

------------------------------

Warning: Mature Content

A year... A year with Lan Zhan. Didn't even realize that time flew this fast.

It is a long time indeed, but not enough. It's never enough. I don't think I'll ever get enough of him.

When all my worries disappear as he wraps his arms around me like I'm pulled out from an ocean in which I was drowning, when his touches make me feel things that I thought never existed, when he becomes the sole reason why I do what I do...

I know, this is where I belong.

Now, sitting in the very place where it all started, wrapped closely by his warmth, I can't help but smile thinking about how things are perfect in their beautiful imperfections.

With everything going in our lives, we were too busy to visit this place every day. But we made it a habit to come here on each month that passed since the day we first kissed right here where we're seated. Just like today, marking twelve months.

He had his chin rested on my head, and his arms around my waist, pressing me close to his body, like a shield from the cold wind.

"It never stops changing, the city I mean," I say.

"Mn..." He replies. "It never should."

Both of us could afford a rated dinner or plan a fancy date, but each time, we kept coming back here, in the same way it drew us together back then.

"Wei Ying,"

"Hmm?" I ask but he doesn't continue. I turn around to look at him. "What is it?"

He reaches to his pocket and takes a neatly folded handkerchief out. Silently, he opens it, one side at a time. When it was fully opened, there were two silver rings in it.

I was smiling. Smiling as if discovered the way of doing it today. I let out a chuckle, trying to stop the embarrassing squeal that almost came out of my mouth. I was just too happy to say anything.

"I wanted to give something meaningful for the replacement of the wrist band." He says.

After constantly wearing that wristband for so long, it broke a few weeks ago.

"This is perfect," I reply.

With a smile, he takes the smaller one and reaches for my hand. He puts it to my third finger. I do the same to him.

"It's a promise," I say as I link our hands. "To be with each other till we're mature enough to plan how our future goes."

He had his precious smile on his face, looking down at our linked hands with matching rings.

He tilts my chin up to kiss me, and I wrap my arms on his neck pulling him close.