Part 4 - The bookstore

Time skip - Hogsmeade Weekend

Sirius

Saturday! Such a glorious day. No classes. No homework...if you don't count Remus. And today is the first Hogsmeade weekend of the year! ...which meant something. Sirius couldn't quite remember what. Oh yeah! His date with Imogen. They were going to the three broomsticks and then they would walk around browsing the shops in the village. Sirius got up and started getting ready. He wore black jeans, a grey Gryffindor top and his usual leather jacket. His shoulder-length hair tied back messily into a ponytail. It was nice, but not formal.

Sirius meets Imogen outside the three broomsticks. She was wearing a pink dress that flowed over her perfectly. Her hair was mostly out, a small section braided beautifully on either side, meeting at the back. He remembers in third year when he was dared to have Remus do his hair for a week, he did that on one of the days.

"Ready?" She asks.

"Let's go," Sirius said, giving her his trademark smile.

After getting drinks, and having a wonderful conversation about Quidditch, they head out of The Three Broomsticks.

"Where do you want to go next?" Sirius asked.

"Can we go to the bookstore? I spilled a draught of living death on my potions book. It wasn't pretty."

"Sure," Sirius replied, his stomach doing a flip. Why did it do that? Was it Imogen? No. he wasn't like that with her. And it certainly wasn't the fact that Remus would be in the bookstore. Must have been old Butterbeer, that's all.

When they reach the bookstore, Sirius sees Lily and Remus in a corner talking. Are they on a date? Not that Sirius cares. He is only worried about James' reaction. Not that it matters, Remus wouldn't do that to James.

"Sirius?" Imogen asks. Sirius realises he zoned out, staring at Remus. His friend. "What are they doing that is so interesting?"

"Nothing." Sirius answers quickly. "Did you find the-"

"Then why were you staring? Do you like her?" Sirius is confused at first but then realises that she is talking about Lily.

"No. I like you. That is why we are on a date."

"Fine then." She responded, clearly not fine. She kept shooting Lily death stares. Lily and Remus were now whispering in hushed tones. They were very close to each other, and Remus was blushing redder than Lily's flaming hair. Did he like her? Why? What did she have that he- other girls didn't? Not that Sirius cared for any personal reasons. He's not gay or anythin-

"That's it we're done!" Imogen said harshly. "I'm not going to wait around while you stare at other girls!"

"Imi I'm not"

"I don't care! We are done."

And with that she left, leaving the whole store staring at him as he walked out a minute later. His head hanging in shame.

Remus

As he enters the bookstore, he spots Lily in a corner. Despite James' failed attempts at wooing her, Remus and she were good friends. They often met in the library and bookstores. He went over to her, his mind occupied with many thoughts. Many being Sirius. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop thinking about his stupid cute face and stupid cute leather jacket and his stupid cute, well, self. He was stupid cute, Remus concluded as he approached Lily.

"What's on your mind?" Lily asked with a look of pure evil on her face. Last he saw that look she just played matchmaker with Frank and Alice. He swore that girl was a Legilimens. She knew everything.