Part 13 - The Monster is Back (1/2)

Time Skip – A week later

Sirius

The full moon had just passed, and Sirius was happy, as it had been a pretty good one by comparison to the others. Poppy even let Remus out of the hospital wing, so long as he stayed in Gryffindor tower to rest until at least lunch. This of course meant that Sirius stayed with him for 'Moral support.' James and Peter offered to stay as well but Remus had told them that someone needed to take notes, so they went off to class.

"That was ingenious," Sirius smiled. They had barely had any alone time all week.

"I just wanted to spend some time with my boyfriend," Remus smiled. Sirius loved that word. "Unless you need to go to class. I would totally understa-"

"Since when have I cared for class" Sirius smirked "I do well enough without trying." He grabbed Remus' hand and lead him to the big armchair by the fire. It's not really big enough for the both of them, but they don't mind.

Despite their lack of alone time, they had found ways to show their affection for one another. They sat together in half their classes, which meant they could be in contact with each other in subtle ways. Such as their arms touching as they wrote or brushing up against one another in the hall.

"They say your love language is what you lacked most as a child," Remus commented.

"Love language?" Sirius asked, clearly confused.

"It's the things that make you feel loved," Remus explained. "It must be a muggle theory if you have never heard of it. There are five love languages. Acts of service, gift-giving, physical touch, quality time, and words of affirmation."

"What's your love language?" Sirius asked. 

"Well, you don't have just one, and it can depend on the relationship you have with the person. For example, for my friends, my love language is acts of service, such as taking notes for me. But when I'm with you my biggest one is physical touch, as you can probably tell." Remus gestured to their entanglement of legs and arms on the chair. "What about you?"

"I'm not sure. I mean when I'm with you I love being close to you, so physical touch, I think. It reminds me that you are here and that you feel the same way about me that I feel about you."

"I'm pretty sure the theory is right," Remus confessed. "At least for me. My parents are very loving but aren't always the best at communicating it. I don't really remember anything from before- before I was bitten. I do know that they started doing a lot of stuff for me, and they still do. I think it is their way of making sure I know they still love me, even though I am a monster- sorry. You probably don't want to hear this."

"You aren't a monster. You are my sweet not-so-little Moony. And I do want to hear this if you want to tell me it. I like listening to you and learning more about you. And I love that I can be here for you. So, if you want to talk, please do."

"Okay. Thanks," Remus continued. "I think it is their way of making sure I know they still love me, but I know the only reason they are doing it is because I'm a mo- because I was bitten. It never is just because they loved me. It was always because we feel sorry for you and don't know what else to do. And then the physical touch element was a true lack thereof. After I was bitten my parents were scared to touch me. They are scared they will hurt me and don't believe me when I tell them otherwise." Remus' eyes saddened as he looked towards the floor.

"I'm sorry Remus," Sirius began.

"You don't have to apologise," Remus interrupted. "It's not a big deal."

"It obviously is a big deal to you, and that's okay," Sirius assured him with a smile. "And I will always be here if you need me."

"Thank you Pads. I don't deserve you"

Sirius went to correct him, saying that he deserved more but was silenced by a kiss. Sirius thought to himself I could get used to thi-

"Well, what do we have here?" A voice ending their bliss, causing Sirius to nearly fall of the armchair.

Someone had caught them.

Someone hellbent on revenge.

It was Millie. 

// She's back! *Evil grinning* Did you really think we were done with the true monster in this story (despite what Remus would say), Millie? 

I know I'm evil, but don't worry I have already written the next part and will post it straight away. I just did it like this for dramatic effect :)

Comments and votes are greatly appreciated <3 Love you all :)