Chapter 9

I know that all of the chapters are short and you all probably hate me for it but if i get 15 votes (even if that means the few people who have read it make moe than one acount to vote) i will post a super long chapter... its not chapter 10 anymore since a edting process cut the chapter in half... and created a giant clifthanger! ;) 

>>>VOTE, COMMENT, & BECOME A FAN!<<<

Chapter 9: Evelyn

Trey almost killed us, but at least I would have died with him.

We hop out of his creaky car onto a sand parking lot, submerged in the shadows of swaying trees.

I look up at the infinity of blue and green blending together. He's watching me as I do this, I'd been standing there for a minute observing.

"Oh uh, right." He nods his head in the direction of a grassy area with scattered wooden benches, under more trees, the leaves bending down nearly touching the tables. This place is really cool; I'm surprised that I've never heard of it. Trey motions for my hand and I happily fit my palm against his. It feels warm and comforting but not too strong, or sweaty either. It's perfect. Our footsteps fall into pattern as we approach a little shack huddled in between two particularly large trees. A young man, who looks like he's totally enjoying life, chats behind the counter with an older woman. They seem to own this little eating place.

"Trey!" the man greets him, shaking his hand. We no longer hold hands.

He has jet black hair and muddy eyes, like swamp water, but their interesting.

"Who's your friend?" he asks, smiling in my direction.

"This is Evelyn," he says.

I greet him then we order.

Trey and I buy sandwiches to take to our table, their leafy and bright, and look very appetizing.

"Look over there," Trey points to a distant picnic table positioned ideally by the lake that borders this whole area.

"Perfect," I say.

We sit and place the food boxes on the dark wooden surface. I gaze out to the lake and unconsciously unwrap my sandwich. For a while we eat in silence, just enjoying each other's company. It feels right, it's not awkward, not pressured. The sweet September breeze brushes my skin and tussles his hair. He looks really sexy. Like very.

I sigh and he notices a hint of something in the way it sounds.

"What's wrong?" he asks and seems actually concerned.

Without warning I find myself explaining the past few months of my life.