Chapter 8

I apologze to the 3 or 4 readers out there who have had to wait!  I am finishing up chapter 10 and have chapter 9 done, but im not posting that one yet!!!! :) im evil ;)

ENJOY!

>>>VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN<<<

Chapter 8: Trey

Evelyn is in my car. Evelyn is in my car. Surprise!

The soothing sound of wheels cruising the road and the waves of warmth from the girl next to me is all I need. It feels good. I know where we're going, I just don't know if she's been there. This place is honestly perfect, if I must say so myself.

"Do you have any CD's in here?" she asks.

I look over and pop open the dash board, my stash. Her elegant fingers browse through the random and colorful albums. Evelyn's fingertip lingers on one, The Stronger the Love, she glances over questioningly.

I sigh and smile, my sister left it in the car after we went to Cold Stone. She picks it out of the pile carefully.

"This one."

I laugh and shrug, it wheezes into the CD player.

Faint drumming begins until a steady beat forms and fills the whole car. Evelyn taps her thigh to the music, "OO-OO-OH! I know you're out there, somewhere out there!" she sings with her eyes closed, smiling. I realize then that I hadn't been watching the road and had been staring at her.

"Trey!" she yells.

"Shit!" I swerve back into place just before hitting a giant post on the side of the road. 

"Oh my god!" her hand goes to her heart. Now I've done it. I should've known this would be a distraction.

I sigh deeply.

"It's ok," she whispers, "it's ok." I'm not sure who she's trying to comfort.

I smooth my hair back and notice that our place is coming up.

My thumb flips the left turn signal.