Episode 31-law and Justice

"A law is valuable, not because I a law, but there is a right in it."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Court case.

A huge crowd stood at the front of the Langose supreme court. Everyone anticipated the verdict and what was going to happen in the courtroom. The news of kemisola's case spread like wide fire in the country. Everyone was talking about it and they wanted to know the outcome.

When Kyle Falana and Jeremy came out of their different cars, the reporters rushed to them and began to throw a series of questions but neither of them answered as they both walked into the courtroom.

The courtroom was filled with different people who were not present for the first case. The feathers sat at the front row in the courtroom. A few Reporters were allowed into the court after taking an oath to remain silent throughout the case.

"All rise," the bailiff announced as Leonard walked into the courtroom.

After stating the reason for being in the courtroom, the case started from the prosecutor's side. Kyle Falana called the first witness who was lead into the witness box by the bailiff. After swearing, an oath, the witness who was an old woman talked about how violent Kemisola could get. The old who was Kemisola and Sola's landlady spoke on how Kemisola had an aggressive personality. 

"She tends to get angry easily. I remember her arguing with sola and she destroyed their door." The woman informed the court of Kemisola's personality and went on and on until she was taken away from the witness box after Jeremy told the judge that he had no questions for the old woman.

Kyle called the next witness who was a middle-aged man that sat beside Kemisola on a bus ride. He spoke on how Kemisola almost hit the bus driver because he almost passed her bus top. Kemisola shouted at the man's confession and told the court that he was lying because she had never met him before but she was ordered to remain silent or she would be held in contempt.

"It's gonna be alright," Jeremy touched her hand and caress it. "It going to be fine," he assured her.

The judge asked Jeremy if he had questions for the man but Jeremy said no and the case continued.

Finally, after Kyle was done with his witnesses and it was Jeremy's turn.

"Is the defense ready for it's the case?" Leonard asked with a smirk on his face.

"Yes, your honor. I call my first witness." Jeremy replied with a grin on his face.

Lillian was bought to the witness stand by the bailiff and was met to say her name and swore an oath.

"I promise to say nothing but the truth, so help me God" she repeated after the clerk.

When they were done, Jeremy stood up from his seat and walked towards the witness box.

"Where were you on the night of  September 25th, 2015?" He asked.

"I followed my sister because I got suspicious of a call she received," Lillian replied with her head bow to the ground.  She couldn't look Kemisola in the eyes because the guilt of that night was eating her up.

"You followed your sister because you got suspicious of her right?", Jeremy asked and Lillian nodded.

" where did you follow her to?"

"I followed her to the old mansion of Gordon. After she got the suspicious call, I followed her because she looked afraid after receiving the call. I saw her got off a taxi and entered into a waiting car and when I called her, she lied that she was almost at her hostel so I decided to follow the car."