Episode 58-Law and justice

"Extreme justice is often injustice."

Jean Racine
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music played: Monster by Burnaboy feat Chris martin.
____________________________________

The city park was filled with a lot of people especially the youth. The park was also filled up with different reporters. Some were filming the park and reporting while others were interviewing the people. All the people that came to the park had a board raised. For some, they wrote I stand for justice while others wrote insulting words about the feathers such as "fuck the feathers and the government."

Out of all the board raised, only one stood out, and on the board were these writings. "Bring back my family. The feathers deserved justice."

The board was raised by a woman wearing an all-black outfit including a Face cap and a pair of glasses. Her face couldn't be seen but the board she held in her hand stood out.

The sun was bright and scorching but the people didn't care as they gathered themselves and raised their banners. Soon Mary arrived at the park and walked to the front of the city park where she could be seen. She raised the megaphone in her hand and addressed the crowd. "Thank you all for coming. Thank you for supporting this protest," Mary bow and the people cheered her up. "My name is Mary Adeitan and I am anonymous." She introduced and the crowd cheered.

"For years now, the feathers have oppressed a lot of people and nothing had been done about it. Most of you here probably lost one or two things to the feathers. I also lost a friend but it's time this all end." She shouted and the people chorused with a yes. "It all going to end. This injustice has to end!" She shouted again.

"Yes," they all chorused.

"Linda was a promising young lady but she died an unjust death. She was murdered in cold blood and didn't get any justice. We are going to make sure Linda gets the justice she deserved."

"Yes!" They all chorused.

"The circle community," she pointed to where Elijah and few people from the circle community stood. They all waved at her and she smiled at them then she continued. "The circle community were sent away from their homes. They were made to live on the streets. Some of them died and those who survived were left to starved until Jeremy Akinsola stood up for them but what later happened, the feathers killed him!" She shouted and beat her chest. "We have to end this. Let me hear you say to end this!"

"End this!" They all chorused.

"Let's end this!"

"End this!"

The people raised their banners as they said they all said the word together.

"Elijah from the circle community has something to say," Mary announced after the cheering had died down.

Elijah walked to the front of the crowd. Due to his stature, he was made to stand on a table as he addressed the table. "Hello," he greeted the people. "I am Elijah and I feel really scared right now standing In front of all these people." He said and the people laughed then they began to cheer him up.

"Elijah! Elijah! Elijah!" They all chanted.

"Thank you, everyone." He bows his hand then he raised his small hand to stop them from cheering. When he got their attention, he continued his talk. "The circle community was people who had nothing but we were happy until the feathers forcefully took our land. They say the president approves it. What kind of president approves such a thing?" Elijah asked the crowd.

"A puppet president," a man from the crowd shouted and soon the people joined in chanting the president's name. "A puppet president!" They all chorused.