Episode 25-law and justice

"Justice and judgment lie often a world apart."

Emmeline Pankhurst

******************************
Background music: silence by Khalid feat marshmello
*

*****†**

Previously on law and justice

"You think the brain works in this world?" kyle questioned and laughed. "Brain is useless in this world boy. What works is power. If you have the power, you will rule the world."

Jeremy smiled and walked closer to kyle. Standing face to face with him, Jeremy told him a shocking fact. "Power might work for you but as for me, justice always prevails. I am done with this conversation "Jeremy bow and walked into the courtroom. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lara arrived in the courtroom in a black and white hospital uniform. She sighted Lisa sitting alone and walked to where she sat. "Hey Lisa, "Lara greeted and sat beside her.

Lisa stared closely at Lara to make sure she was not seeing a ghost.

"What are you doing here?"Lisa questioned as she continues staring at Lara.

"I could not miss today because it is Kemisola first trial"Lara replied and looked around the courtroom probably searching for someone

"The boss is over there "Lisa pointed to where Jeremy was sitting.

"Who is the prosecutor?"Lara asked.

Lisa pointed to where the prosecutor kyle falana was sitting.

"He is the prosecutor?"Lara inquired and Lisa nodded. "Oh my goodness! That is kyle falana and he is very good at solving cases."

"My boss is also great at revealing the truth" Lisa replied with a smile on her face.

Lara realized what she said and tried to tell Lisa not to misunderstood her but then, the judge had arrived.

"All rise," the bailiff said as judge Leonard entered. "Department two of the superior court is now in session, "he announced and then continued, "judge Leonard presiding. Please be seated."

Everyone in the courtroom sat down. The people in the court were not up to twenty including the court reporter that was allowed into the courtroom.

The feathers were not present for the trial. It seems they were not interested because they believe they would win.

Leonard looked up from his seat and looked around for Jeremy. When their eyes met, Leonard smiled at him. A wicked smile.

"Good morning, ladies and gentlemen" he greeted. "Calling the case of Sola's murder versus Kemisola. Are both sides ready?"Leonard asked.

Kyle falana stood up with confidence, he was sitting opposite Jeremy at the prosecutor's side.

"Ready, your honor"

"Ready for defense, your honor. "Jeremy also replies.

"Will the clerk please swear in the jury?"Leonard requested.