Episode 20-law and justice

To those who abuse: the sin is yours, the crime is yours, and the shame is yours. To those who protect the perpetrators: blaming the victims only masks the evil within, making you as guilty as those who abuse. Stand up for the innocent or go down with the rest.

Flora Jessop
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Background music: silence by marshmello feat Khalid.

***********************

Recap:

She removed her sunglasses and smiled at Jeremy. "Hello, attorney Jeremy. I'm Lillian. You probably know me by now because you saw me when you came to our house. I'm here to see you concerning my sister's death. I have some evidence I'll like to share with you."The young lady informed and took a vacant chair beside yomi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lillian Michaels smiled at Jeremy and sat beside yomi. "I know you guys are surprised to see me here but, I'm here to help. To make things right and to bring the guilty to justice."Lillian told her what her motives were

"Can you stop speaking in parables and tell us what you came here for?"James shouted.

The justice all turned their heads to face him. "Calm down James, let hear what she had to say," Mary said.

"I know you!"Lillian pointed at James and exclaimed. "You are Kemisola's brother."

"now you remember me. I thought you would have forgotten how I came to meet your parent to temper justice with mercy. What did they do? They threw me out!"James shouted.

"That's is why I'm here to make things right, "Lillian shouted back.

"Alright, Alright. Enough shouting already. Let's hear what you have for us miss Lillian."Jeremy interrupted their argument.

"Thank you, attorney, "Lillian said. She bought out some files and dropped them on the table.

"What's are these?" Lara asked.

"The evidence needed to reopen the case and free Kemisola from prison, "Lillian replied.

James stood up and slammed his fist on the table. He walked to where Lillian was seating and pulled her up.

"So you have all this evidence for years and you let my sister suffer for a crime she didn't commit! "James yelled.

"James, calm down please"Yomi tried to pull away from Lillian but he pushed him away.

"I'm sorry. I deserve whatever you do to me but, it was the only thing I could do to protect my family."Lillian begged.

"How dare you talk about family to me? The only family I have is in prison suffering right now."James screamed.

"I'm sorry, "Lillian begged.

"That enough James. Let hear what she has to say."Mary pulled James away from Lillian.

James punched the nearest wall beside him and ruffled his head with his bleeding hands. He wiped the tears that were on his face away and went back to his seat. His face was red and he tried to mask the pain he was going through but, he wasn't good at it. He burst into tears in front of the justice. He didn't like to look weak.

"It was all my fault, "he sobbed. "I could have done something and save her but, I was a coward." he sniffed. He bent his head and cried.

Jeremy walked to him and pat his back. "Cry it out, James. You've been strong for a while now. It's time to let it all out, "he said.

James buried his head into his head and cried silently. when he stopped crying, he stood up from his seat and went to the washroom.

Mary rushed after him but she was stopped by Yomi.