8. Confessions under a night sky

~
(Acura's pov)
~

"Honey, who's that?" Grandma said, smiling to me as I wiped the drowsiness from my eyes, walking into work. She went to the window and peeked through the blinds, catching the slightest glimpse of the sparkling Ashton Martin pull out and drive away.

"Was...was that a Aston Martin? Cherry red?" Grandma questioned, not taking her eyes from the now desolate parking places.

"...Uh, Maybe? I'm not a car person, Grandma. You know this, and I can't even remember it myself. Why? Used to own one?"

Grandma shuffled uncomfortably. "Forgive me, I'm old." She started.
"Just a memory from my youth."

"Mhm" I hummed, already knowing where this was going.

"A friend of yours? There is no way that's Dani's new ride." Grandma said. "And you're wearing the same clothes as yesterday, what happened, couldn't get into the bathroom again?"

"Just a friend who happened to give me a ride, stop interrogating me." I said with a laugh. Grandma put her cup of coffee on the counter and trotted around the desk I was sitting behind to stare into my eyes. "Nono, I just fell asleep in this and deemed it wearable for another day."

"You're lying, don't think a Grandma doesn't know." was all she said as she walked away to go sit in her chair, arranging her daily flowers as usual. We had some time before the shop opened for the day.

I shook my head and went to speak, but found myself at a loss of words. She gave me a re-insuring smile, a smile that told me she was smarter than that.

I sighed, and turned to look back at her cleaning the flowers. I grabbed some small flower pots and some seeds and began to work in silence before I couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay, okay, maybe I like him a little."

Grandma shifted and put the flower vase down, smiling impatiently as I started my rant.

~
(Third, on the Nemesis)
~

Knockout was busy on the dissection table, bonding certain metals together. Breakdown was out on patrol, so no one could possibly disturb the busy doctor.

"Knockout!" Starscream shouted, making his stance known from the doorway. Knockout quickly covered his work and turned around as if nothing was going on.

Scratch that, someone could indeed disturb the busy doctor.

"What seems to be the predicament?" Knockout called back with a huff of frustration.

"I need immediate treatment to this, this hideous thing." Starscream said, prancing into the med-bay with a pouty face, pointing to his wound on his wing.

"What'd you do this time..." Knockout said, grabbing some tools while rolling an optic.

"I didn't even do anything! That's the predicament!" The seeker whined. Knockout hummed and laid him on a spare table, grabbing the swivel light and dragging it to shine down on the damaged metal. The commander squirmed in dis-comfort. His wings were sensitive.

"What'd you do to piss off the big boss was my question." Knockout said, mending the frayed pieces of metal back to it's frame.

"I just said I didn't do anything! Weren't you listening?!" The seeker screeched.

"It's hard to even make out what you say when you choose to scream out your frustrations on me." Knockout added.

The seeker growled in his place. "Just get this over with."