⋆𝓈𝑜 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝒽𝑜𝓌 𝒾𝓉 𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈⋆

Y/N stared at Walt for a good few moments, in complete and utter silence before she moved her gaze to the ground, cowering before the father of her rich and privileged best friend. After all the months she'd spent, making sure that the Thrombey's would never ever discover her secret- this was how they'd find out. Because Walt needed to collect a suit from the dry-cleaners she worked at. Great. But maybe she could still cover it up? Maybe she could think of something quickly that would save her ass? Maybe she could-

"So, you have a job." Walt started, pulling Y/N from her thoughts. "A job. Why?"

"Money, to make money. Like most people do." Y/N told him, knowing that her anger was going to get the best of her and take away any possible chance of covering for herself. The anger from the fact that this was how they'd find out, the anger directed at herself for just not being truthful from the start. 

Sure, if she'd been truthful then she'd never have become friends with Jacob but at least that way she wouldn't have become attached to something she was now going to have torn away from her.

"Money? Why do you need money? Your parents have that multi-million business and-" Walt began to ramble, until he saw the look on Y/N's face. That look told him everything. "There is no business. Right?" Walt questioned the girl.

Y/N looked at him, her heart sinking lower and lower with every painful second that passed. The cat was out of the bag- and turns out it was dead all along. "No. No business." Y/N muttered, looking down at the floor and absent-mindedly kicking at the floor, wishing it would just open up and swallow her alive. "No parents either."

Walt's expression softened at the last few words that came from the girl's mouth. No parents either. The look on the man's face was sympathetic, but Y/N had a feeling that way of thinking wouldn't be around forever. Especially not when the reality of Y/N's actions came to hit, that she'd been lying to them all for months. That the stories she'd told them about her parents had all been lies and nothing more than just figments from movies she'd watched and books that she'd read. That she'd been lying and that she'd-

"Did Harlan know? Is that why he was giving you money? Or..." Walt paused, his face scrunching up as he thought, a new question suddenly playing through his mind, "Or were you just stealing my father's money? And lying to him?" Walt questioned her, his sympathetic tone dissolving away- becoming untrusting and annoyed.

"Stealing his-?" Y/N looked up quickly, her breath catching in his throat. Out of all the things she'd feared that Walt would accuse her of, that hadn't even crossed her mind. "No! Of course I wasn't! He gave me that money for keeping your son under-control!" Y/N raised her voice without realising it and soon lowered it again, taking a deep breath. "I was just spending it on different things to what he thought I was spending it on.."

Walt just stared at the girl, his expression unreadable like a letter with a million coffee stains on it, the ink running into just one big sloppy mess- words lost forever. 

The silence lasted longer than Y/N was comfortable with, so she spoke again. "Anyway, you won't have to be around me much longer. I can't pay for school anymore, so I won't be seeing Jacob much." Or at all, she thought.

"Jacob." Walt muttered, as if the meaning of the word had been momentarily lost to him, "Did he know? Was my son lying to me to protect you?" He asked her. And the question wasn't accusing, it was almost as though he was proud of the thought. But the thought wasn't true.

"No, Jake didn't know. He still doesn't. Please, don't tell him."

"Don't you think he'll find out when you drop out of school? Suddenly his rich best friend just stops showing up to school and he doesn't even stop to question why?" Walt told her, and it wasn't a question. Y/N knew Jacob would figure out something was wrong eventually. And even though she'd never tell him, or see him again- she didn't want him to think of her as a liar. 

"I don't want Jake to think of me badly. Please," She repeated, "Please don't tell him."

Walt paused and sighed softly, putting his hands into his pockets and scrunching his face up in deep thought. Would he tell Jacob? This was his own son and he'd want to know about it. He'd need to know if she was going to-- "I need to pick up my suit." Walt told Y/N before walking over to the desk and ringing the bell for service.

Y/N stood still, Walt walking passed her. So this would be how it would end, her months of friendship with Jacob and acquaintance of the Thrombey's. All because Walt needed to get his goddamn suit from the place she worked at. 

Moments passed and Walt walked passed her again, suit over his arm and covered in a plastic wrapping. He glanced over his shoulder to look at the girl, his expression blank, before he went to the door. Opened it. And he left.

The door shut with a ring from the bell above the door and the store felt as it had before. Y/N turned and looked at her boss, finger pointed to the back cupboard.

"There's some things still in there, you need to iron them. No creases, young lady."

And so she went into the back cupboard and began to iron the clothes, like she'd done before she'd even met the Thrombey's. And now, it would be as if she'd never known them. Nothing to prove that they'd even existed, other than the Harlan Thrombey novel in her bedroom and the empty pain in her chest.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for reading! Sorry for slow updates, school is crazy but I'm not going to stop writing this book! <3

Don't forget to vote and comment whether you think Walt is going to tell Jacob or not!