⋆𝓈𝓊𝓃𝓈𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝓇⋆

Y/N smiled as she saw the beautifully designed invitation that someone had slipped into her bag. She guessed it was Jacob, he'd been sitting by her in class that day so it was probably him. It was an invitation to Harlan's birthday party. She'd never really gone to a party before, but she figured that the Thrombey's had a different idea of 'party' than she did. She wouldn't be surprised if their party was a silent diner while they sat around eating lobster.

Still, it was an event and she'd been invited to it. So as she sat with Jacob in the cafeteria that afternoon, she decided to bring it up. "So, what do you think I should wear to this 'party'" She asked him with a small smile. He looked up from his phone screen.

"Uh, I don't know. Maybe something that shows off that ass of yours." He said playfully and winked at her. She laughed softly and rolled her eyes, trust Jacob to be of any use.

"Right. You have been telling me to pull my skirt down for the past few months, I thought you would want me to wear an ankle-length skirt." She joked and smiled at him.

His eyes lit up when he laughed and shook his head, "I am only a boy, Y/N, I can't control myself." He smirked a little before taking a bite of his sushi that he had in front of him.

"I can't believe you eat that crap, it's disgusting." Y/N told him and grimaced as she looked at the sushi. It was pretty disgusting, in her opinion. Jacob had made her try it a couple of months ago and she vowed to never try it again.

"Oh shush. You'd better to stay away from that party then. Grandpa loves this stuff, there'll be loads of it." He chuckled softly as he ate some more and looked back at his phone, shaking his head a little, "You should get twitter, we could have some great arguments on it. I'd definitely piss you off."

Y/N thought about it but figured that her crappy phone wouldn't be able to handle the small app. "And why would you want to piss me off?" She covered, not directly responding to what he'd said.

"You're kind of hot when you're mad." He said with a playful smirk, trying to pass it off as him just joking around but Y/N had a feeling he was being serious- it wouldn't surprise him. Jacob beat most teenage boys on the 'horny-scale'. She'd found that out for herself after she went on his phone for only a couple of minutes. She also found some photos of dead deer, but she never managed to ask him what those were about.

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N was at work later that day. The only job she still worked was at the dry-cleaners in town. It was a nice place to work, the people there were nicer than at her other jobs. And the work was easy too. She only really had to sort out peoples orders and label the bags with clothes in. She didn't have to wash or dry any clothes- which was lucky because she'd probably find a way to burn them somehow.

Angela, her manager, came over to check her work and nodded with approval. "Great job, kid. There's some more orders out the front, if you want to collect them." Y/N smiled and nodded, heading out to the front desk.

She looked at the rack of clothes next to the till and started to sort them out, labelling them with the customers names on the system. The front-door bell rang, alerting the staff that someone had come in- a potential customer- and that they should try to look professional.

Y/N looked up at the person who'd walked in and gasped a little as she saw that it was Walt.

She looked around quickly before dropping to the ground and hiding under the front desk, making sure she was out of site before Angela walked over to the desk and greeted Walt.

"I'm here to pick up a suit, Walt Thrombey." Y/N heard Walt answer before Angela quietly replied and headed out to the backroom to collect his order. Y/N tried to stay as quiet as she possibly could- she did not want anyone to know that she had to work a job. Let alone work a job to pay for her house.

It might not have been so bad, if they found out a couple of months ago. But at that point, she'd lied so much about her parents 'fashion company' that she was certain they'd all be mad at her if they found out she'd been lying to all of them.

Thankfully, Angela walked out of the backroom and handed Walt his order. It was a suit that Y/n had been labelling only a few minutes ago, she figured it was for Harlan's party the next night.

She jumped up from behind the counter right away when she heard the ell rind again, signalling that Walt had left the store. Angela jumped a little in surprise as she saw Y/N appear so suddenly. "Oh!- I was wondering where you'd gotten to!" Angela laughed a little before brushing herself off. "Any reason why you were hiding under the counter?"

"I just didn't want that guy to see me, that's all." She told her manger before heading into the backroom again to continue with her work for that evening. She just really wanted to head back home.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for reading this chapter! I hope you guys like it :)

Don't forget to vote and, as always, feel free to give suggestions. I don't bite! <3