⋆𝓉𝓌𝑜 𝒷𝑒𝑒𝓇𝓈 𝒾𝓃⋆

Despite the very entertaining argument going on in front of her and Jacob, free to watch, Y/N couldn't stop thinking about the email she'd just received. She didn't know what she was meant to do, how on earth was she meant to find a spare eight-thousand dollars to pay to the school board in the space of two days? She barely had enough money to pay for the rent and her food, she was really being stingy with the things she spent the last check from Harlan on.

The thing that frustrated her more than anything though, of course, was the thought of losing Jacob as a friend. She searched her mind for any excuse she could use to say why she was moving schools that wouldn't involve telling Jacob and his family that she had been lying to them since the day she met them all. 

There was nobody she could even talk to the whole thing about, nobody would understand what was going on. Nobody, except-

Y/N looked over at Meg, currently defending her mother in the most recent Thrombey squabble. Fingers were being waved in people's faces, obscene gestures were being made and there were a few insulting names that Y/N had never even heard before. Every day was a school day, she guessed. Y/N got up from her seat and walked around the big argument until she got to Meg.

"You trust fund prick! You don't have any idea how much I-" Meg shouted at Ransom before Y/N put a hand on her shoulder and she turned around quickly to look at Y/N, the angry expression on her face soon softening at the look of worry on Y/N's face. "Oh, Y/N. What's wrong?" She asked before Y/N nodded over towards the door.

The two girls headed away from the continuing argument and walked out into the hallway, away from everyone else. Meg raised an eyebrow at Y/N, unsure of what she wanted to talk to her about. Y/N sighed and pulled her phone from her pocket, opening up the email quickly and showing it to Meg. 

Meg read through the email, her lips moving silently as she read through the words that were about to throw Y/N's whole life out of control. Y/N felt bad for springing her problems on Meg when Meg had her own problems to deal with- her grandpa had just died- but Meg was the only one who knew about Y/N's home life and so she had to tell her.

"Shit." Meg exclaimed as she finished reading the email, she looked back up from the phone screen and at Y/N. Y/N nodded in agreement, the exact same term going through her mind. Meg paused for a moment and looked down at the ground, taking a few seconds to process the thoughts going through her mind. 

"I don't have eight-thousand dollars to spare, Meg. I can't pay it, there's no way I can pay it." Y/N told her, but Meg had already guessed that. Y/N sighed and looked around, her hands twitching nervously at her sides. "How the hell am I going to tell Jacob? Then he's going to know all about how I've been lying and-"

"We'll think of an excuse, a good one. I'm always coming up with excuses for things, we can come up with one together. Maybe... maybe your parents are re-locating and you- you have to move?" Meg suggested. It was a good excuse, Y/N would be lying if she said she hadn't thought of that one already. But there was just one problem with it.

"But then I wouldn't be able to see Jacob. I could never go out- I couldn't risk anyone seeing me out and about. Jacob would react terribly if I told him the truth-- and the rest of your family, even worse!" Y/N told her, sighing with frustration over the whole situation. Meg nodded a little and rubbed her eyes, sighing.

"Right. Yeah." She said with a small huff, pausing. She looked up again, her eyes seeming later. An idea had formed in her mind. "Look, when I get the inheritance from my grandpa, I can pay for you! Gramps was always loaded, he's sure to leave us a bunch of cash. In fact, he seemed to really like you. He might have left you some stuff too."

Y/N thought about it, it made sense and it was probably true. Even if he didn't leave money to Y/N directly then Meg would be there to help her with the money her and her mother received. Okay, that was good. Y/N sighed with relief and nodded, a smile spreading across her face at the thought of it.

"Yeah, you're right. Oh, you have no idea how relieved that makes me." Y/N chuckled softly and smiled at Meg, wrapping her in a hug quickly, "Thank you so much. And thank you, for still not snitching on me." She laughed a bit.

Meg patted her on the back softly and laughed a bit, "No problem. I'd never tell anyone your secret, I'd miss having you around here too much." 

"Ahem." Y/N pulled away from the hug, hearing someone clear their throat. She turned to look at the door and saw Jacob leaning against the doorway, smirking a little. "There you are, I was wondering where you two had snuck off to." He stood up straight and walked over to Y/N and Meg, he gave Meg a little bit of a glare- it was Jacob after all.

"Oh, hey Jake," Y/N said, laughing softly, "Miss me already?"

"Of course." Jacob replied before Meg pretending to gag.

"Ew, pull yourself together Jacob." Meg said teasingly, smiling at Y/N before walking back into the room with the rest of the Thrombey's. Jacob smiled sarcastically at Meg before she disappeared from sight. 

"What were you two talking about?" Jacob asked, raising an eyebrow. Y/N shook her head and smiled.

"Nothing important." She told him, looking at the way his eyes kind of sparkled when he was looking at her- not at his phone for once.

"Oh, okay." He smiled softly, "Anyways, the will reading is about to start." He told her before they started to head over to the library.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for reading! I go back to school in two weeks, ew :(

So I'm sorry if updates start to slow down even more, but I'll try to update as much as I can. I really don't want to go back because I don't like people and I haven't had many panic attacks since I've been home for the past five months, I really hope they don't start up again uGh

Anyways, don't forget to vote <3