⋆𝓁𝑜𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝓇𝒾𝓃𝑔𝓈⋆

Y/N's stomach churned as she stood next to Jacob, the police walking Ransom out of the house- hands tied up in cuffs behind him. A hand came up to her mouth as he glanced over at her, giving her a casual grin as if his whole world hadn't just been turned upside down. Jacob stood beside her, eyes flicking between his phone screen and his cousin- who was now being forced into the car by an officer.

Her eyes didn't leave Ransom. She couldn't bring herself to look away. Ransom was responsible for all of the awful things that had happened over the past week? Ransom- who was always so calm and collected- had been responsible for Harlan's death? A feeling of nausea began to fight its way through her, as she remembered how chilled out he'd been at the will reading. Starting arguments with his family, knowing that he was the reason they were all there to begin with.

A phone screen obstructed her view of the police car driving away. Jacob chuckled in her ear as he showed her a meme of Shrek and--

"Really, Jake?" She asked. Part of her wanted to tell him to be more serious, his cousin had just been arrested. But the action was just so... Jacob that she couldn't help but laugh. It was just like how he used to act towards her, before everything crazy happened. Except now he was showing her semi-funny memes instead of just his latest racist tweets he was proud of.

"Thought you'd find it amusing." He said with a grin before taking his phone back and looking straight back at it, not even acknowledging his family acting frantic around him.

Y/N touched his arm gently and smiled at him, he turned his head towards her and gave a shy cheerful look at her before she left his side and walked over to Meg.

Meg exhaled heavily and shook her head as Y/N approached, turning to look at where the police car had just been. "I knew he was an asshole, since the day I was born, I knew it. I guess I never quite realised just how much of an asshole he was." She looked at Y/N and wrapped her jacket tighter around herself, shivering with the cool wind blowing around them. "Friends with Jacob, again?"

Y/N shrugged but couldn't fight the urge to smile, "We're working on it." She answered as she watched Linda, Richard and Walt in the middle of a heated debate. As usual. "I guess they're not taking it too well, huh?"

"Well, no. Although I imagine they're more upset about not getting their money back than anything else. Now they know that Marta didn't do it, they know there's no way to revoke the will. She earned the money. Fair and square." Meg spoke with a slightly raised voice, as if she were trying to get the older members of the family to hear.

The whole situation felt weird. Like a final chapter that wasn't written right. Everything was done with. Wasn't it? Y/N looked around the grand driveway of the late-Harlan Thrombey, or Marta's, as it was then. Ransom had been caught, her friendship was redeemed but there was something else...

As if it had became a sudden extra weight in her pocket, Y/N felt the bankcard press against her thigh.

Of course.

"Do you know what you're going to do about school?" Y/N asked Meg, watching her face for an answer.

Meg shook her head but smiled, quite pleasantly. "No. No inheritance, no school." She told her, but her tone wasn't bitter or filled with remorse. "I guess I'll finish my education at a public school. It can't be too bad. Might even make a nice change." She sounded genuinely pleased.

Y/N had planned to take out the credit card. She'd planned to hand it to Meg, to be the knight in shining armour at the end of a story. But it was if an invisible hand was keeping hers in her pocket. She didn't feel herself reaching to get the card and she didn't feel herself handing it to Meg.

The card stayed where it was.

"What about you? What are you going to do now?" Meg asked Y/N. The question should have sparked a million burning questions in her mind, but it didn't.

"I don't know." Y/N answered honestly. "I'll just see what comes my way. Finish paying off some bills with the last of Harlan's money and then.. then I'll see what happens."

Meg smiled at her and nodded shortly, heading off the stop a sudden outburst of fists between Walt and Richard.

Y/N stayed where she was, eyes furrowed as she thought hard. She had so much money in her pocket. An incredible amount of money. Y/N eyed the front door of Marta's mansion. She began pacing towards it.

"Where are you going?" A voice sounded behind her. Jacob, she thought. She turned around and looked at him, his eyes looking over at her and his phone down at his side.

"Going to use the bathroom, if you don't mind." She joked and watched him as his cheeks glowed pink with the coldness of the darkening day.

"Well, hurry up. I've got a folder of memes I've wanted to show you over the past few days. We're very behind." He urged. Y/N thought she was joking but his voice and face was serious. She giggled.

"Alright, Jake. I'll be as quick as I can."

And with that, she headed back inside of the mansion. She felt the coldness leave and the heat rush over her. The house felt empty. Sure, it was probably better off without the Thrombey's but it would never feel the same without them staying there.

Y/N wandered into the kitchen, sighing with relief as she found a notepad and pen.

She knew what she had to do. There was only one truely right thing to do. One single option she knew that Harlan would have wanted that corresponded with her moral values too.

Y/N began to write.

++++++++++++++++++++
Heyyy, last chapter next! Sorry for slow updates!  Thanks for all the support!
Also, sorry for typos, I did this on my phone <3