⋆𝒸𝓈𝒾 𝓀𝒻𝒸⋆

Y/N had been staying at the Thrombey mansion and hanging out with Jacob until the will-reading. She felt a little weird being there for it, since she wasn't really a family member or close to many of them. But Walt had insisted that she be there, for Jacob, and had convinced the whole family that she should be there. However, Y/N didn't really think Jacob needed any moral support since he seemed to be dealing with it all just fine- really. In fact, dare she say it, Y/N thought that she might be more upset over the death of Harlan than Jacob was and she wasn't even related to him.

The detectives had finished their questioning and Marta had been out with them all day looking around the grounds and going to check out security footage and stuff alike. Y/N was curious as to why the detectives had chosen Marta to help the investigation. She considered that it could be the fact that Marta had a good heart, or that she didn't have anything to gain from Harlan's death. But Y/N thought she fit the criteria too, especially considering the detectives kept giving her strange looks throughout the day. She'd almost puked one time when she was so certain the detectives were suspecting her- but nothing was ever said and so she dropped the worry quickly.

The will reading had come up pretty quickly, she felt as though the hours had only been mere minutes. Hanging out with Jacob made the time go pretty quickly, since she was normally in the midst of an angsty debate with him over basic human rights. Man, he really knew how to get under her skin and by the little smirk he had on his face after the arguments were over- she thought he might do it on purpose. It was something very 'Jacob-like' of him to do.

Y/N had been listening to Linda rant to Richard and the rest of the uncaring Thrombey's about how Ransom hadn't shown up yet. About how it was a classic Ransom move. Linda was really unhappy about the fact it took Ransom ages to show up. "After everything my father has given that boy, this is how he honours his memory? But not even showing up for the will-"

And the whole room jumped and turned to look out of the enormous bay-window at the sound of a car screeching to a halt outside and the sound of the dogs barking. Looks like Ransom had finally shown up, dressed for the occasion too. A beige over-coat, scarf, Elvis-like sunglasses and a pack of Biscoff biscuits in his hand as he rose from his car seat and tried to bat away the dogs who were at his feet and jumping. Y/N looked over at Jacob and grinned a little, knowing how much this was going to annoy Linda and everyone else. Y/N saw the detectives rushing to speak to Ransom at the door and got up to greet him, before everyone would start to kick off at him.

Y/N didn't even have to ask Jacob to follow her, he got up immediately anyway and followed her. They both turned the corner just as Ransom was done brushing off the eager detectives, "CSI... KFC?" Ransom retorted and turned to spot Y/N and Jacob looking at him. Ransom exhaled and gave a smile, "Lovely day for a will-reading, right?" He looked at Jacob and grinned, "Oh look, it's my favourite cousin." Y/N couldn't tell if Ransom was being serious or not, but Jacob just grunted in response.

"Hey Ransom, Linda's pretty pissed- just a heads up." Y/N told him and Ransom just shrugged and shoved another cookie in his mouth, talking with his mouth full.

"She's always pissed." He looked at Jacob and pointed at Y/N, raising an eyebrow, "She your girlfriend yet?" He asked sarcastically before heading into the room with the rest of the Thrombey's and sitting down. Jacob rolled his eyes and gestured for Y/N to go back into the room too, so that was what they did. They sat back down in two seats near the corner of the room so they could watch the argument unfold before their very eyes.

"Funny, Ransom, you skipped the funeral but you're early for the will-reading." Walt said, his eyes along with everyone else's on Ransom who seemed as though he couldn't care less about his family interrogating him.

"Okay, people grieve in different ways,let's not-" Joni started before-

"It's funny you're here at all. Whyare you even bothering, that's what Iwant to know." Walt continued, ignoring Joni as usual- which most of them did.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"He knows what it means."

"Walt, what?" Linda questioned. These kind of arguments were the sort of thing that Jacob and Y/N lived for, they both watched the argument unfold with a grin on their face at the free entertainment. Who needed Netflix when you had the problematic Thrombey's to watch? It was all pretty amusing until they both froze at what Walt said next.

"Jacob and Y/N were in the bathroom the night of the party." He said and the grin on both of their faces quickly dropped as the next few comments were flung at them.

"Is that where you were all night?"

"The hell were you doing in the bathroom all night?"

"Nothing." Y/N and Jacob replied at the same time, a little too inconspicuous to really defend themselves. Y/N kicked herself, after all they went through trying to keep the story straight for the detectives- they just throw it all away with Walt calling them out. Thanks, Walt.

"Arguing about Syrian refugees?" Meg asked.

"No."

"Al-right troll." Meg retorted.

"Liberal snowflake." Jacob responded, cocking his brow up at her- he clearly wasn't too happy but then again, neither was Y/N.

"I don't know what any of that means." Walt admitted, shrugging a little. Then Ransom seemed to get even cockier, feeling as though the heat was taken off him for a moment.

"So, you guys were in the bathroom- together?" He asked, smirking.

"No." Y/N argued, seeming a little bit too determined to prove her innocence to be truly convincing. "Both at different times, obviously."

"So, why did I find Jacob's baby album in there, then? And his tie?" Linda asked and Y/N and Jacob paused, well, the game was up- they had a good run.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry I keep taking so long to update, I keep feeling really unmotivated but I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to vote :)