⋆𝒶 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝓇𝑒𝓂𝑒𝓂𝒷𝑒𝓇⋆

Y/N was nervous to attend Harlan's birthday party the next day. After her close encounter with Walt she was worried that he might have somehow seen her. Despite that, she had no idea what to wear. In fact, she had quite a few things in her closest but she just genuinely couldn't pull together an outfit. After all, she wanted to look nice for Jacob-

Wait, what? She paused and questioned her own thoughts. Look good for Jacob? Did she really just-

Jacob was an asshole but he was the only friend she really had. Then again, she was the only friend he had. Nevertheless, she would still make an effort. After all, Jacob was kind of hot- even though he was a little crazy and his political views were way out of whack- he was pretty attractive.

Then, as she was pulling out a skirt and shirt from her closet, her phone buzzed and she sighed. She walked over to her phone and felt her heart rate pick up as she saw who had sent her a text, it was Jacob.

Nazi-Child

Hey, you're still coming tonight. Right?

Y/N <3

Yeah, obviously. 

Nazi-Child

Try not to dress like a stripper, my grandpa won't like that- but you know I will ;)

Y/N rolled her eyes a little and put her phone down after reading the message. She couldn't help it, as much as she wanted to be mad at him- her heart was beating pretty fast and she felt her face heat up. She'd just started to put her shirt on when her phone buzzed again.

Nazi-Child

I'm sorry, I'm sorry.

But still, wouldn't mind.

Y/N was very much confused as to why her and Jacob were so close, they were polar opposites and Jacob could never go a day without making Y/N want to punch him in the face. But still, there they were. Top of each others best friends lists on Snapchat and hanging out voluntarily. Crazy world. 

Y/N <3

Yeah I bet you wouldn't. I'll see you there later

Nazi-Child

See you :)

Y/N wondered why Jacob always replied to her messages so fast. Sure, he was on his phone constantly but he spent a lot of time trolling people on Twitter. Y/N laughed at the thought of him pausing an argument to reply to her messages immediately. Why would he want to do that?

Not long after she'd gotten ready for the party, she'd headed over to the bus stop she stood at twice a day. Normally once to get to school and another time to head over to Harlan's house to see Jacob. The bus came driving down the road again, fuel leaking out the back of it while a bus-driver, eating a doughnut, pulled up to the stop.

"Alright, love? Where are we heading?" The driver asked as Y/N stepped onto the bus.

༄༄༄༄༄

Y/N got off at a stop near Harlan's house, she never could the bus to the stop nearest to the building- she didn't want anyone to see her using public transport. All of the Thrombey's had fancy cars that they drove around, she didn't think the public bus was quite their style.

After a short walk, Y/N showed up at Harlan's house and was greeted by Meg, with a smile. "Hey, you look great." Meg told her and walked Y/N into the house. "So we're cutting the cake later on, everyone's just.. talking about crap at the moment."

"Nothing different from usual then." Y/N joked and her eyes lit up as she saw Jacob sitting on the steps, on his phone- probably swatting Syrian refugees or something. 

Meg noticed the look Y/N had on her face and she sighed, shaking her head a little and laughing. "Really? Jacob?" She smiled and looked at Y/N, poking her arm gently. "You really could do a lot better."

Y/N shrugged and smiled, "We're just friends, Meg."

Meg scoffed and gave Y/N a playful smile, "Sure. Friends. That's what they always say. " She told her before heading off in the other direction, leaving Y/N alone to go and sit herself down next to Jacob. He glanced up from his phone screen and gave her a nod before looking straight back at it.

"So... this is what you Thrombey's call a party." She joked and looked around at everyone just making polite conversation, although she knew hell would break loose sooner or later.

"Don't generalise, I don't call this a party at all." Jacob responded, his eyes not leaving his phone screen.

"Right. What would you call a party?" Y/N asked, smiling a little.

Jacob looked up from his phone and thought for a moment before giving her a goofy grin, "Everyone being drunk, music playing loudly, people hooking u in the bathroom." He laughed a little before having a look in his eye that Y/N had seen in people before. That look were you're trying not to smirk but really can't help it.

"Absolutely not." Y/N laughed and nudged him playfully, earning a fake frown from Jacob.

"Wow, you just crushed my dream in one sentence." He joked and looked back at his phone screen. Y/N eyed his phone and figured she should try and get him to spend the night without looking at his phone.

"You tired of harassing people on that thing yet?" Y/N asked and Jacob shook his head, typing more frantically. She smirked a little and grabbed his phone from him, shoving it into the pocket of her skirt. Jacob gasped like a five-year old girl. 

"No! Give it back!" He squealed and tried to climb on her to get his phone back from her. Y/N laughed at his desperate and somewhat pathetic attempt. He could definitely go a night without looking at his phone. And if he couldn't, well, he'd have to learn. Y/N giggled and stood up, him jumping up as she did.

"Nope, I want to have fun tonight. You're not very entertaining when you're staring at your phone."

"I could send you memes."

Y/N laughed and shook her head, waltzing off towards the rest of the people as Jacob walked after her, frowning but she could see the slight smile on his face. He didn't entirely hate it.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks for reading this chapter! comment and let me know what you thought!

Don't forget to vote!

Honestly it's so hard trying to figure out what Jacob would be like as a person because he says nOtHiNg in the movie lmao <3