⋆𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝑜𝓊𝓉⋆

The next morning was a morning that the Thrombey’s and Y/N would never forget- no matter just how bad they wanted to forget it. Y/N had spent the night over at Harlan’s mansion, uncomfortable top and tailing with Jacob. It was funny, she thought, out of all of the bedrooms and beds in Harlan’s house, why did Jacob seem so adamant about her having to stay in the room with him that night. Y/N was partly surprised at the fact that Jacob wasn’t up awake all night trolling poor people on Twitter. She figured he’d have lots of catching up to do after she’d taken his phone away from him for a few hours. Maybe he’d found something better to do than tell refugees to get out of the country. 

Jacob and Y/N had woken up around the same time the next morning, they were some of the last people awake because they were the furthest away from Harlan’s study. People staying on the floors above had been awoken by the sound of Fran dropping a tray of coffee and plates- and the sound of her rushing to grab the phone.

It was a bit of an out of body experience for the two teenagers when they finally awoke, before they’d even left their room they knew that something was very wrong that morning. Jacob had sat up in bed and looked at Y/N, his hair a mess and he was shirtless. Y/N guessed he must have gotten hot during the night and pulled it off. Y/N however was more or less just sleeping in the clothes she’d gone to the party in- since she hadn’t brought any clothes to change into.

“Morning.” Jacob mumbled as he swung his legs over the side of the bed and stretched with a groan. Y/N chuckled a little and got out of bed too, watching Jacob grab his phone. Time to start the day off with a bit of trolling, obviously. Y/N walked to the en-suite bathroom and shut the door behind her. She sighed and rubbed her eyes, feeling pretty tired still. She swore that she could hear people rushing around upstairs but she figured that the Thrombey’s were just getting started with their mid-morning argument- or whatever it was that they did to start their days off. Y/N started to unbutton her shirt so she could take a quick shower and just as she was slipping it off, the bathroom door opened.

“Jake!” Y/N gasped and tried to cover herself up again, Jacob looked at her and just shrugged before looking back at his phone. But he looked back up a few moments later, smirking a little but putting on a fake clueless expression that Y/N just wasn’t falling for. “Asshole, get out, I’m taking a shower.” She told him, still giving him a death glare that she hoped he’d recognise and finally leave. 

He just looked back at her and shrugged, “Well, I’m not stopping you.” 

She scoffed a little and shoved him out of the bathroom, pulling the door shut and locking it behind her after he was gone. She shook her head and sighed before taking off the rest of her clothes and getting into the shower.

By the time she was finished in the shower, Y/n and Jacob were officially the only people who didn’t know about what Fran had found in Harlan Thrombey’s study that morning. And it wasn't until they were dressed and cleaned up that they left the room and saw the chaos unfolding outside.

Walt was standing there, eyes glossy with tears. Almost everyone’s eyes were glossy too, actually, and it made Y/N and Jacob wonder immediately what was going on. The Thrombey’s were assholes, mainly, and it really did make Y/N wonder why they were all crying and how they were crying. She really didn’t know that they were capable of such things.

“Dad, what’s going on?” Jacob asked Walt as he squinted a little, reaching into his pocket to pull his phone out. Walt looked down, eyes watery and he sighed. It took a few moments for him to get the words out. The words he would say would send Y/N into a frenzy, more so than Jacob despite the fact that Jacob was actually related to Harlan.

“Fran found Grandpa’s body in his study, this morning. Jake.. we think that Grandpa killed himself.” 

Y/N froze and stared at Walt, trying to see if there was any sort of joking look in his eyes but of course there wasn’t. She glanced over at Jacob who just stared at his Dad before looking down at the ground, unsure of how to react. Y/N wondered if he might cry too, but no tears came. She thought that he wanted to cry but just couldn’t bring himself to do so. After all, Jacob wasn’t the ‘show emotion’ type. 

Y/N felt faint, as though she couldn’t breathe and she muttered an excuse before heading outside and onto the porch outside. She struggled to get the air into her lungs and she felt as though.. as though she might actually die. She tried to calm herself down, she really tried but the thoughts and worries just kept on flowing around in her mind.

Harlan had been so nice to her, he was really a selfless man and he’d helped her out so much over the past few months. Y/N cursed herself about the fact that money was the first thing that came to her mind. She knew that she had valued Harlan for more things than just his money but money was a problem for Y/N and therefore she couldn’t help but think about it.

The check that Harlan had given her was enough for at least six months, but after that she had to start working her other jobs again. She couldn’t keep up with school work, her friendship with Jacob and work, could she?

She just hoped that the will would say something assuring. And that there would be justice for Harlan.

+++++++++++++++++

Thanks for reading this chapter! Let me know what you thought of it and if you have any suggestions then let me know :))

Don't forget to vote <3