Chapter 22

Since the war was over, life could return to normal and I was labeled the unwanted title of "War Hero". I hated attention and being glorified. Monika and I grew closer from the experience and she stayed by my side through the mourning of my father. I contemplated disbanding Sicherheit and moving to a civilian life, but always decided I would be nothing without it.

Monika: If you feel better about disbanding, then disband. Or pass Sicherheit to Coded.

I decided to head to sleep and Monika joined me. She kept me calm and comforted until I fell asleep. Instantly having a nightmare, I woke back up and Monika calmed me back down.

Versuchen: You know, you're the reason I'm not dead yet.

Monika: What?

Versuchen: I was going to go on a suicide mission, but I thought about you and decided not to.

Monika smiled and laid her head back down on me. We both fell asleep quickly.

Marine POV

Marine: Look at this.

SAS: Fucking wish the SAS could do that.

Marine: I wish the Marines could.

GROM: Yeah, and you guys think your policies are bad.

The GROM was among the strictest on the planet so we couldn't argue. We left the Sicherheit ops alone afterwards and the hacker of their team came in muttering under his breath.

Coded: Verdammte Schlampe. 

He grabbed his guns from his bunk and slapped a mag in while grabbing his radio.

Coded: You haven't seen me today.

Coded left the room and I just looked at the others in there. Versuchen woke up when his phone started ringing and he sounded angry, but that's just German.

Versuchen: Hallo. Ihr in Ordung.

My squad was being shipped back to America in only an hour and we all had our stuff packed up.

Versuchen POV

Our contract was completed with all the countries and we were good to leave so I woke Monika.

Versuchen: We're leaving.

Monika: To where?

Versuchen: Back to Berlin.

Monika got up and we packed our things. The rest of Sicherheit was ready, but Coded was nowhere to be found. His belongings were also gone so we just returned to Berlin without him assuming he would meet us which he did.

Watcher: SICHERN! (BACK UP!)

I turned around and saw someone wearing a kevlar vest with a bomb attached. Watcher took the shot and removed the guy's head. The police got everything taken care of.