2. START OF TIME

Since baby you've been living with your single mom, never met your father, and don't really miss it anyway. You only asked about him one day, receiving some vague answer. Getting older you finally understood he died little after you were born, thanks to some car accident. It was okay, you had you mom, and she was the best! She baked delicious food for you, helped with homework, and played whenever she could. She was your sun, with a bright personality and presence, not to mention her optimistic mindset.

Sure, your mom had her job. She worked at Aleatory Hero Company with Support Equipment for the Heroes, be armory or weapons, and she was really good at it. When she needed to work but you didn't have classes, she would work from home and stay on the phone, never leaving you alone or something. She loved staying with you, even when you were a noisy little kid.

After some time, you were quite worried with yourself, thinking how your appearance could have nothing to do with your own mother. Your eyes were different, your hair color... everything. Once you asked her about it, worried that maybe something was wrong with you, and she told you were exactly like your father. Her smile at this confession was warmer than ever and she hugged you tighter against her chest. She smelled just like the chocolate cookies you baked together. You smiled, falling asleep right after.

In kindergarten you thought you were quirkless and had nothing against it. Your mom were quirkless and awesome, she was even famous among heroes! Why would you be sad about not having a quirk, when you could be amazing just like your mom?

Then, when the bullying went from harmless to hardcore, your quirk manifested. Sadly, your target on your back had increased.

Your quirk was being able to be not affected by other quirks? Wow!

Amazing, huh? Nope. Not quite.

Every other kid with quirk decided to test their own on you, not really caring about the consequences, just the fun. Be it fire, acid, psychic, ice, electric, water, explosion, or whatever quirk they had, they tested on you. They would use directly on your skin, watching closely about any injuries. You never felt anything, yet you weren't sure about being some punchbag. Sometimes they would hit you hard, having fun of how you would run from them. Seriously, what was wrong with those kids? You would never know. The teachers were aware of what happened, although since you never got seriously injured, they ignored. Awful professionals? Of course.

Sometimes you wanted to stay home and never get out, but your only friend was from kindergarten. He was a little recluse, on the other hand, fun to have around. His name was fun too, repeating itself twice, name and surname being identical. He had pointy teeth, silver hair and different eyelashes. His quirk turned him into steel. He also liked when you shared the food with him. He stood up for you when he could, and you liked his personality. What was his name again? You can't remember at the moment.

You grow up used to their mistreatment in the kindergarten, what made you an introvert whenever you were on the street, until the incident happened.

Remembering now make you shiver.

You were eight years old and arrived quite late after buying your mom's birthday present: the next volume for her favorite book series. You bought it from a bookstore close by, knowing she would be happy with your effort. You were humming some song you heard on the radio that day, knowing for sure she would be busy cooking her cake. You left school running, thinking about what to buy for her. Only after crossing that old bookstore your remembered she said something about the books she wanted and bought it. Oh, imagining how her warm smile would welcome you home made you anxious.

You arrived home walking tip toeing, waiting for surprising her with her book. "Mommy will love it!", you thought to yourself. She always loved your little surprises, being a small wildflower you found pretty, a colorful piece of glass on your trips to the beach, or whatever you gave her. Her warm and loving smile would put any pain you had at ease, and you would feel loved and safe.