Chapter 10- Date with a Flirty BirdBoi

Start from the beginning

"Not too shabby" Hawks said gazing down at the menu which our waiter had left, his eyes zooming into the many chicken dishes.

"Haha no doubt what you're going to order." I smile skimming through the menu as well. The question is do I order something that I can eat and look polite and delicate, or do I show my true form and consume the food like one of Thirteen's Blackholes?
I said I was going to be myself. Black hole consuming it is.

Shino was back with water and to take our orders before leaving quickly, bowing multiple times and trying to contain his joy at seeing Hawks in the flesh. Such a fanboy.

"So tell me about yourself" Hawks said interlocking his fingers and resting his head upon them.

"What do you want to know?" I smile taking a small sip of my water and trying not to panic.

"Umm who is your favourite hero?" He grinned awaiting praise like a cocky bastard.

"I told you, I don't really follow heroes. But ... if I had to choose, it would probably be Fatgum" I say watching his cocky grin morphing into a look of mock offense before he began to chuckle lightly.

"Do I need to put on a few pounds to keep you interested baby bird?" He smiled.

"His eye liner may not be be as on point as yours but he saved me when I was a kid. I always looked up to him after that." I say playfully.

"How'd he save you?" He asked seeming genuinely interested and leaning further towards me, is gold eyes transfixed by my purple ones.

"My mom, dad and I were driving home one night. I must have been about 9 or 10. Anyway our car was flipped over my a villain trying to use us as leverage to get away from a hero. The car ended up dangling over the freeway. He dragged my mom and dad out and started threatening them, saying he'd kill them if the hero didn't leave him alone. Then out of no where Fatgum showed up. He sucked the villain into his gut in 2 seconds flat!" I gushed, my hand moving wildly as I recalled the heroic event.

"Needless to say I was still freaking out because I was in the backseat of the car which was hanging right off the bridge over the freeway. But Fatgum talked to me. He calmed me down and managed to get me out. Maybe it was because I was so young or because he was the first hero I had ever spoke to, but I really looked up to him since then." I finished my story laughing lightly at the fond memory.

Hawks was smiling sweetly at me seemingly captivated by my story.

"That's pretty amazing kid! I've never met the guy before but if I ever do I am so bringing you along."

"Really?!" I asked bouncing in my seat slightly with anticipated excitement.

"So cute" Hawks whispered to himself looking away slightly with a blush.

"That would be amazing, I may have developed a tiny crush on him after he rescued me. Haha I even started wearing yellow hoodies because he looked so cool in his!" I laughed light heartedly hearing Hawks join me.

"Ho ho, now this I would like to see! If you start emulating heros you admire does this mean the next time I see you, you'll be wearing fake wings?" He smirked making me blush slightly with embarrassment.

"And what makes you think that I admire you Mr. Hawks?" I send back with a smirk.

"Just a hunch baby bird" he said sending me a wink just as our food arrived. I had ordered spicy chicken ramen, the aroma of which was making me salivate. Whilst Hawks had ordered what looked like a mountain of hot wings.

Just as he began to devour the chicken I asked him "So who is yours?"

"Who is my what?" He asked quirking a thick brow as he nibbled on the chicken.