The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku

~Teto's POV~

Upon hearing about Miku, the media exploded. The story was on the news channels, the front page of the newspaper, and it was trending on the internet. I'd seen videos of ex-fans burning their merchandise, which led the entire cottage to do the same. In return, I was getting tons of fan mail and messages from people saying what happened to me was so horrible, and my popularity shot up.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen to Project Diva, but the first day back after the trial Don told us that the game would still be on, but every trace of Miku would be gone. Seeing as that included the majority of the footage, that meant that everyone else would be getting more songs. Meiko would get her duet with Kaito, all of her privileges were restored.

And as for Miku, well, nobody knew what was going to happen to her.

Everyone seemed so much happier during shootings. There was only one group now, one that included everyone. There was so much more talking and laughing and the environment was just overall better.

Just as I was ready to go home, Don yelled "Hey, Teto! Can I talk to you for a sec?"

"Sure," I walked over to him. "What's up?"

He led me to his office and we sat down. "So, as I'm sure you know, Miku's fate is currently undecided."

"Yeah, that's what I've heard," I muttered, fidgeting a bit.

"Well," he inhaled deeply. "There's been a lot of discussion but we just can't come to a conclusion, so... we've decided to leave it up to you?"

I raised my eyebrows. "Me?"

"You were her main victim, after all. We've been considering locking her up and keeping a close eye on her, or even... deleting her."

"Wait... w-what?"

He nodded grimly. "Considering how much damage she's done, that may be our easiest option."

"Um..." my head was spinning. "Can I sleep on it?"

Don nodded. "And there's something else I'd like you to consider; we want to make you a Vocaloid. A real one."

I had a hard time sorting through my thoughts that evening. I mean, they were leaving it up to me to decide if Miku gets to stay alive! And on top of that, they want me to become a Vocaloid. I'd get a rebrand and move into the mansion with all the others. But that was what I wanted. That was all I ever wanted, to be a Vocaloid, now that could happen. So how come I was so hesitant to say yes?

"I was really proud of that cover, but since it's a Miku song, I don't think I'll release it," Uta said at dinner.

I looked up. "What? Why not?"

"Because! Miku made it!" She responded, as if it was obvious. "And we do not support her anymore."

Next to her, Momo shook her head furiously. "Not after what she did to you!"

I sighed. I knew this would happen. "I don't want to be the reason you don't upload it."

"Oh, it's not just because she hurt you," Uta said. "She's just an all-around bad person and she's hurt everyone. I'm sorry I didn't see it sooner."

I stood up. "You know what? I'm not very hungry, so I'm just gonna go..."

I stumbled through my nightly routine, still in a daze. After my shower I brushed through my red hair and returned to my room to find Tei passed out on her bed, snoring loudly. I sat on the edge of my bed for a minute before realizing I had entirely too much on my mind to go to sleep with. I had to talk to someone.