The Vipperloids

~Teto's POV~

"Ah, isn't he just beautiful?" Tei was sitting on her bed and I was sitting next to her. Kagamine Len was looking directly into the camera, and she gazed back lovingly. Then the camera changed to him sitting next to Miku and Tei's smile faded. "That should've been me. I should've been in that video."

I watched carefully, not sure of what I was witnessing. "Um, Tei, what is he doing to those girls? Wouldn't pushing them up against the wall like that hurt them?"

Across the room, Ruko snorted. She was painting her toenails on my bed. "So Tei's been your roommate for a month now, and you're just now seeing this for the first time?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking over at her. It was clear Tei wasn't going to answer my question, her eyes were locked onto the screen.

"Come over here so I can do another coat on your nails," I sat on the edge of my bed and Ruko put more nail polish on my fingernails. "She watches these Len songs all the time, you've never noticed before?"

I shook my head. "I would've remembered this. So, what is he doing?"

Ruko just giggled, and I huffed frustratedly.

Ruko and I had gotten to be pretty good friends. She was really shy around everyone except me and Charlotte at first, but she soon warmed up to everyone else. Although she was more interested in me than Uta or Momo. In fact, she spent more time in my own room then hers. She really wanted to be my roommate, but Charlotte said that you couldn't change rooms, and she had already been assigned one. It was weird, having someone who went through the same thing I did. It was like we had a strange bond on an emotional level, even though we never talked about it.

Soon another Vipperloid, as we were being called, came along, Namine Ritsu. He was definitely an odd one. He was pretty young, therefore the least mature out of all of us. What had me confused at first was that he looked like a girl. After he got a voice, Ruko asked him about it, and he gave a snarky response. "You think I like having missiles that way 25 tons built into my chest?"

"Doesn't that hurt your back?" I asked. He just rolled his eyes and walked away. That was the other thing about Ritsu, he was always grouchy and rude yet he hung out with us anyways, probably because nobody else really liked him. He wasn't here now, because he didn't like it when Tei "listened to that stupid heartthrob shota".

Speaking of Tei, she had become pretty good friends with Ritsu after she turned out to be fake as well. She really surprised us, because when we were watching her introduction, she actually spoke. Up until this point, it seemed that if you had a voice, you were a Vocaloid, no doubt. That's why we were all shocked when she was revealed as fake. Unlike me and Ruko, sad that we weren't going to be with the Vocaloids, Tei was just angry, like Ritsu. That was probably why they hit it off so well. Tei had a burning hatred for all Vocaloids, especially Miku, but she was in love with Len. She was always plotting on how to infiltrate Vocaloid headquarters and overthrow Miku, since she seemed to be dating Len. Uta and Momo, who didn't particularly like the Vipperloids but put up with them since they were my best friends, thought it was ridiculous and that Miku could never be overthrown, but I thought it would secretly be nice. Not that I would ever admit it out loud.

Whenever Tei bashed a Vocaloid, Ritsu joined in, not because he hated Miku or anything, he just "hated this country and everything in it".

When Tei arrived, Charlotte told me she would be sharing a room with me. I was terrified at first, I thought Tei was going to kill me. And she sure looked like she want to. I remember sitting on my bed while Momo got Tei's side of the room ready for her. Tei stood behind her, shooting me death stares that made me really nervous. "T-There you go, Tei!" Momo smiled weakly at her before turning to me and mouthing "good luck" before scurrying out of the room as fast as possible.

Tei began to look around her side of the room, inspecting everything. "Um... h-hi," I squeaked.

She didn't answer at first, instead she stared at the messy floor, picked up a DVD next to her bed, and threw it at me. "Listen up, this isn't just your room anymore, so stay on your own side. And don't touch my stuff."

"Oka-ay," I said shakily, before picking up the DVD she threw at me. "Oh my goodness! I wondered where that went! I was supposed to return it a month ago!"

Tei rolled her eyes and stopped shoving things over to my side of the room, now she stalked over to me and leaned over my bed till her red eyes were looking directly into my red eyes. "You're that Vocaloid girl, aren't you?"

I backed up. "U-Um, I'm a Vipperloid, just like you!"

"But you talk to Hatsune Miku on a regular basis, don't you?"

More like she tortures me on a regular basis. Of course, I couldn't tell this girl I hardly knew my biggest secret. The only thing I could think to say was "You aren't gonna hurt me, are you?"

Tei finally stood up straight. "Nah. I'm not a big fan of murder."

Back to the present, where Ruko was doing my fingernails. "You know what, I believe you," said Ruko. "You're always hopping around the cottage like a little pixie, hanging out in the kitchen with Momotaro or in the living room with Koe. Meanwhile, Tei here just sits on her bed in this dark room all day!"

Tei peeled a sock off her foot and threw it at Ruko without even glancing away from the screen. "Shut up."

"Hey, watch it! I'm doing nails here!" Ruko leaned forward to avoid getting hit by the sock, but she was careful to not smudge my fingers. "On top of that, Teto, you're just so... pure and innocent."

"I am?" I asked. "What does that mean? Is Tei not pure and innocent?"

Ruko snorted again. "It means you're a good girl. You're always nice to everyone and you follow the rules."

I frowned, worried. "Is that a bad thing?"

"No, not necessarily," Ruko was clearly stalling. "I just don't want to ruin it."

"How?" I desperately wanted to know.

The song changed, and Tei yelled, "You guys be quiet, I'm trying to hear."

"We're not the ones yelling," Ruko muttered.

"Ruko?" I sighed. "You didn't answer my question."

"I said shush!"

Just then, Uta poked her head into the room. "You guys, it's board game night. Momo is making me play, so I figured I would drag you along."

"Don't care go away," Tei responded.

Then Momo came into the room. "Oh, come on, it'll be fun!"

"Nope. Not gonna do it."

Momo sighed and looked over at me and Ruko. "How about you...?"

I looked up at Uta. "Hey, what is this song about?"

Uta listened to the song for a moment. "Sounds like it's about a girl getting pregnant."

"What in the world, Tei?" Momo asked, getting a closer look at the screen.

"He's hot," she shrugged.

"What's pregnant?" I asked.

Both Uta and Momo stared at me, surprised. "You don't know what..."

I looked around at the group of them. "Well?"

Momo blushed. "Well, uh, when a guy gets a girl pregnant, it means she's going to have a baby."

"Oh. He doesn't sound very happy about it in the song."

"Well, a lot of times it happens by accident," Uta said.

"How does it happen in the first place?" I asked.

Momo and Uta looked at each other, then back at me. "We'll tell you when you're older." And then Uta ran out of the room.

"What do you mean? I'm older than Tei and Ruko, and they know!" Momo then quickly walked after Uta.

"Uh, you know what? Those board games don't sound too bad!" Ruko jumped off my bed and also ran out of the room.

It was definitely the strangest thing in all of my six months.