The Fanart

~Kaito's POV~

"Hey, Rin, have you seen M- what are you guys doing?" I walked over to Rin and Len, who were snickering at something on Len's laptop.

"Look, look! It's Miku and Teto!" Rin giggled. They had found some fanart of the two, hugging like they were best friends. "And there's more!"

She continued to scroll through the fanart, and there was a ton. Some of them were even a bit romantic. "Uh... wow," was all I could say.

"Wait, it gets even better," Len grabbed his laptop from Rin and typed something in, and more fanart came up. "It's Miku and Luka!" The twins laughed hysterically. "Miku and Luka, could you imagine?"

Okay, so maybe I laughed too. What? It really was funny.

Len changed "Luka" to "Kaito" and my face popped up all over the screen. "Woah! That's a lot of fanart of me and Miku!"

"That one isn't as funny," Rin commented. "It's as if people don't know you're married to Meiko. I hope people don't do that when I'm married."

Len changed the search result again, and this time Rin came up. "They already have, sis."

"W-What?!" Rin blushed with embarrassment. "Me? Why me? Have I ever showed the slightest interest in Miku? You're the one who's dating her!"

Len then went on to find fanart of him and Miku. His eyes widened. "Wow! Not too bad! But they didn't get my hair right..."

"Let me see," I typed in both of the twins and they came up. I turned it back to them and their faces were priceless.

"EWWWWW!" Rin squealed. "People know we're siblings, right?"

I laughed my head off at that one, then Len grabbed the laptop from me and went back to fanart of Miku and Luka, which made us all crack up again.

"What's so funny?" Miku stood in the doorway with her hands on her hips.

Uh oh. "Game over, man," I muttered to the twins as I tried to slip past Miku, but she grabbed my scarf.

"Nuh uh, you're not getting out of this," she dragged me back over to Rin and Len. "What were you doing?"

Rin had grabbed the computer from Len and opened a new page full of puppy videos. "Look!" She played one and gave a forced laugh. "So funny, right?"

Miku frowned and glanced over at Len, who was staring at the ground guiltily. "Leeeen?" She said, slithering up to him. "You'll tell me the truth, wont you?"

"Give me the computer, Rin," Len reached for it. I assume Rin would have tried to protest, but both her and I were so dumbfounded that Len would just turn us all in like that. He pulled up the pages from before, Miku draped over his shoulder.

She tensed up when she saw them, though. "You all think these are funny?"

"I didn't!" Len squeaked.

"But they did, didn't they?"

He nodded quickly.

"Wha- Len!" Rin curled her hands into fists. "He's lying!"

Miku made a fake pouty face. "Oh, poor Rinny, she's the bad twin, isn't she, Len?" He nodded and Rin started stuttering again, but Miku interrupted her. "Who do you think I'm gonna believe? The bad twin? Or my boyfriend?" When she said that she pulled Len a little closer to herself and he shuddered in happiness.

I didn't know much about boyfriends, but I'm pretty sure Meiko didn't treat me that way when we were dating.

Then Miku turned to me. "And you, Kaito! I'm disappointed in you, I really am. What a terrible role model you are!"

"I... uh..."

"Don't even bother." She commanded. "I can't believe you would set such a terrible example for these sweet little children."

"But you just said-"

"Shut up, Rin!" Miku glared black at her. "I know what I said."

I tried again. "Well, it wasn't my f-"

"Meiko would be so disappointed in you."

There it was. That one hit me in the gut. There was nothing worse than knowing Meiko would be disappointed in me, even if I had done nothing wrong.

"Heh," Miku chuckled. "Maybe we should go tell her right now. What do you think, Lenny?"

I sent him a desperate look.

He ignored me and nodded, taking Miku's hand.

"And you." She growled at Rin. "I'll deal with you later." Then she hissed at me. "If you dare leave this room, either one of you, I'll rip that little girl to shreds and make you watch me so you can see what will be happening to you right after I finish her off."

I was way more terrified than I probably should have been.

I sighed and slumped back against the wall, and Rin came and sat by me. "I'm sorry," she muttered. "This is all my fault."

"Well, I'm not exactly a saint either," I responded. "I should've taken the blame."

Rin hugged her knees to her chest. "I can't believe her. She's got Len wrapped around her little finger. He's so stupid for giving in, too!"

"I guess all we can do is hope that one day he realizes what she's really like," I said. "And maybe we should stop doing things we don't want Miku to find out about, because it seems like she knows about everything."

"It's not fair," Rin whined, her eyes shiny with tears. "She's always been controlling us and there's nothing we can do about it."

I grabbed her tiny hand and smiled weakly. "I know. I wish you kids didn't have to live like this. You guys deserve to be happy."

She sniffled. "What about you?"

I smiled up at the ceiling. "I have Meiko. I'm lucky enough to have married her before Miku was even alive. She makes me happy and the best part is that Miku could never take her away from me."

Speaking of Meiko, she opened the door, looking very angry. I was not too happy to see her just then, and Rin squeezed my hand.

Miku slipped in behind her, with a grin on her face I could only call evil.

We were in for a bad time.

~Teto's POV~

"You really are an idiot," I wrote at the bottom of the page. "And done! My new song is complete!"

"Looks good!" Charlotte read over my lyrics and handed the paper back to me. "We'll record in soon, but not today. Something very big is going down in Utau history."

What could it be? I thought.

She walked into my office and started talking over the speaker system. "Attention, all Utauloids! This very afternoon, one of our own kind is going to become a Vocaloid!"

I think my heart skipped a beat. Or five.

What if she meant me? Would I become a Vocaloid? I was desperately hoping so, this was my dream!

Momo came over to me. "Does she mean you?"

"I don't know! She never mentioned this!"

It turned out nobody else knew anything either.

I imagined life in the Vocaloid mansion, as I had many times before, but this time I really felt like it could be a reality. I wanted this so badly, and I felt like I deserved it too.

"Alright, alright, calm down, everyone," Charlotte said after a minute. "The first Utau who will become a Vocaloid is..."

I held my breath.

"Macne Nana!"

I think my heart stopped again.