The Utau Cottage

~Teto's POV~

I'd never seen the Vocaloid Mansion, but I was sure it was bigger and fancier that the little cottage where the Utaus resided. Uta unlocked the door and she walked in front, then Momo squeezed through the door, putting her arm behind her so she wouldn't have to let go of my hand. Someone inside asked, "Did you find her?" And Momo and Uta stepped out of the way to reveal me to the crowd of Utaus.

I was surprised to find many of them sitting around a TV- almost as if they were a family. Several more were seated around a table, eating. It was the homiest place I'd ever seen. And the people, oh, the people. They had Vocaloid-esque outfits, but they looked cheaper. The people's features themselves were a sight, wacky hair and wild eyes. Some of them didn't even look human.

Almost instantly, I was bombed with questions. I whirled my head around, a new face everywhere I looked. It was overwhelming. "Hey, hey, hey!" Uta pushed her way through the crowd. "Give her some space, she doesn't even have a voice yet! You're all probably scaring her off!"

"And she's probably hungry~" a deep voice behind Uta trilled. The crowd scattered and I found that the voice belonged to a guy who looked a lot like Momo, he had the same pink hair and green eyes. "You're just in time for dinner!"

Momo looked around at the crowd. "You'll all have plenty of time to get to know Teto once she can talk. For now, let's just let her relax a bit." The crowd drifted away, and I smiled gratefully as the two girls. Any suspicions I had about them were gone. The three of us walked over to the man. "Teto, this is Momotaro, my brother. Momotaro, this is Teto, Kasane Teto."

Momotaro bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Kasane-chan. I hope you like French cuisine~"

I did like French cuisine. I liked it a lot. I'd never eaten food before, but as soon as that baguette touched my lips, I devoured it. It was just so good. Momo giggled. "I guess she was hungry!" I noticed that Momo and Uta weren't eating anything, so I offered some food to them.

"Oh, that's alright," Uta said, pushing my food back towards me. "Robots don't need to eat. However, we do need to recharge..." she yawned. "I'm off to bed."

Momo hopped up as well. "I'll go get your room ready! You just finish your food, and I'll come get you when I'm done!"

Momotaro must have noticed my quizzical glance, because he said, "Momo is a maid. She enjoys housekeeping, and she even helps me cook sometimes. As for me, I'm a butler. Now, would you like more bread~?"

"Alright, rooms are pretty cramped, so you may get a roommate sooner or later," Momo told me as we walked to my room. "Try to get some sleep, and come on out to the kitchen for breakfast whenever you feel like it~ and have sweet dreams!" She shut the door behind her.

It wasn't a big room, and it wasn't fancy, but it was enough to make it comfortable. There were two small beds with a dresser in between them, a closet, and a small desk in the corner. The walls were a light tan, and the white rug beneath my feet was surprisingly soft. I walked over to the window in the corner and I looked out of it. You could see the stars, bright and shining and beautiful. I had never seen them before. It was the best thing I'd seen in my entire 14 hours. I stared up into the sky. The UTAUs are going to help me. I'll get a voice and I'll start singing.

And someday, I'll be a Vocaloid too. 

~Meanwhile with Momo and Uta~ (●'◡'●)ノ♥

"What do you think of her?"

"She seems nice. She's not picky about food, either."