The Truth

~Miku's POV~

"Stop getting orange peels all over me," I smacked Rin's leg and she winced. "Oh, don't be such a baby. I didn't even hit you that hard." I turned away and sighed, watching the world go by. The trees were just blooming, little pink blossoms coming from each one. It must be nice to be a tree, I thought. At least they don't have to deal with two annoying brats.

Rin sighed next to me, sticking an orange slice in her mouth. Len, who was sitting on the other side of her, suddenly jumped in his seat. "We're here!" He excitedly unbuckled his seatbelt and began to open the door.

"Wait," Meiko finished parking the car and then unbuckled her own seatbelt so she could turn back to look at us. "I want you to all be nice to Teto today," she turned her head, making sure to look each of us in the eye. "She's going to work with us from now on, and you don't want to make a bad impression." She looked at me. "Especially you, Miku."

I sighed and leaned back in my seat. "Whatever," I mumbled.

Kaito, who was sitting next to Meiko, piped up. "Oh, and don't forget that there will be cameras watching us. This is a very important day in Vocaloid history."

As I unbuckled my own seatbelt, I put on my best "Hey, I love everyone" smile. The cameras were my best friend. They adored me, and as long as I acted like I adored them, too, then I could get whatever I wanted, when I wanted it. This was the true key to being famous.

The paparazzi was everywhere, their yells overlapping, each trying to be louder than the last. All so I would hear them.

The five of us made our way into the large building, which was called Vocaloid Production Services. Teto was inside, eagerly awaiting our arrival.

I walked a bit slower until I had fallen into step with the Kagamines, who had been behind me. "Stay close," I hissed. The last thing I needed was the gullible twins getting too attached to the new girl.

We waited down in the main lobby, cameras recording our every move. Eventually, the elevator opened and two scientists walked out. One walked in front, and the other was behind, holding the hand of a red-haired girl.

Teto.

"Good afternoon, everyone!" The front scientist said. "So glad you could make it. I know someone else is too." She smiled at Teto before sitting in a chair nearby, a clipboard in her hand.

Meiko stood up first. "Hi, Teto," she said. Teto immediately let go of the scientist's hand and then she hugged Meiko. She looked surprised at first, but then she hugged back. "Nice to meet you, I'm Meiko." She was so much taller than Teto that it was funny. Teto looked up at her and smiled, and I didn't know why she didn't respond.

She then proceeded to hug Kaito too, and then she took his hand and then dragged him over to Meiko, where she put their hands together and smiled up at them. They both blushed then laughed.

Rin and Len were next, she hugged each of them too. Rin was excited, blabbering on about how great it was to be a Vocaloid and all the things they would do together. When she hugged Len, his whole face turned red. I rolled my eyes at that. But the whole time, Teto didn't say a word.

"Ahem." Everyone turned to look at me. I stood up and walked over to Teto. When I smiled, her eyes shined with adoration. She reached out to hug me, and I blocked her, shaking her hand instead. "Welcome to the Vocaloid family," I said, looking down at her. "Just a warning, the competition gets pretty intense around here, so watch your back." She still didn't say anything. "Um, why aren't you talking?"