Episode 2: Who Would Have Thought?

"I will always love you."

"Can we stay like this for a while?"

"Sure."

The sounds of the TV filled the room with some necessary noise for what was an incredibly boring and uneventful evening. All you were doing was use your phone while a romance anime was playing on the television screen.

Romance wasn't a new concept to you, it was simply the fact that you no longer cared for it that seemed to make your only two guy friends constantly talk about it with you when you were around.

Back when you were just a small child, you would try to get the attention of girls despite your childhood friends' (who were all boys) advice against doing so. They ended up being right, because somehow, you always made any type of girl feel uncomfortable.

"Come on, just leave them—"

BAM! A punch to the face for 9-year old Kenji, who still hates you for it ten years later. Thankfully, you didn't go to the same university, or else he would try to get back at you.

You were a complete and utter idiot. And when you saw how everyone would give you looks of disgust or fear, you decided to change. It took years, but when you finally became a more tolerable person, you felt proud.

Your parents let you go when you turned 18, and since then, you've been an easygoing person, someone who tried to stay away from any negativity and behaved like a positive weirdo, and you had only one goal in mind.

Get a girl to truly become your best friend.

And that's why you 'blackmailed' a rental girlfriend into becoming your friend yesterday.

That didn't sound good now that you thought about it.

"Oh, hey Chizuru!"

While Chizuru thought she would have a nice afternoon just hanging out with her friends, it was all abruptly interrupted by a familiar voice that Chizuru instantly recognized.

The girls turn around, seeing you for the very first time and wondering how they had never met you, or even heard of you, before.

Chizuru: "Y/N, what brings you around here?"

Y/N: "I was just out buying some groceries."

You started feeling a bit nervous now that you had noticed Chizuru's friends just staring at you, almost as if they were trying to dissect you with their eyes.

Chizuru: "Could you give us a minute?"

Chizuru grabbed your hand and pulled you aside. She looked serious and angry.

Chizuru: "Were you following me?"

Y/N: "Of course not. I really was trying to buy some groceries."

Chizuru: "This far? Then why aren't you carrying any groceries then?"

Y/N: "That's because I haven't gotten around to it, and I was distracted by this really cool store that sells videogames and... I don't have money for that, but I was just looking around."

Chizuru: "That was such an honest response... fine, just don't call me so suddenly like that, specially when I'm with my friends, or even when I'm working. Got it?"

You nodded. Truth be told, angry Chizuru was something much scarier than you thought it would be, but when she saw her friends whispering, she adjusted her glasses and smiled, quickly changing her attitude and making it seem as easy as flipping a light switch.

Chizuru: "Anyways, Y/N was just about to leave, right? Right?"

Chizuru tightened the grip on your hand, so you just nodded.