Episode 7: Technical Difficulties

Y/N: "Kaori? What are... you doing here?"

Just when you had thought things would go your way today, something unexpected had occurred. The 'Kaori' girl has arrived and is standing right in front of you!

Looking as splendid as she always did, the way Kaori was dressed could only be described as something in between extremely cute and subtly sexy, possibly because of her posture, face, or maybe it was due to the fact that the skirt she was wearing right now was incredibly short and showed the perfect amount of her slender, smooth legs.

Of course, you didn't really care that much about something like that, so you didn't bother on complimenting her outfit like she thought you would. She knew any normal human being with working eyes would. Weird.

Still, the plan continues.

Kaori: "Hiiii! I just thought I would drop by."

Y/N: "How do you know where I live?"

Right off the bat, something smelled incredibly fishy and it definitely wasn't you, since you had showered before going to sleep last night.

But it wasn't like Kaori was not prepared for these type of questions, so she decided to hit you with one of her own.

Kaori: "Do you go to Nerima University?"

Y/N: "I do, why?"

Kaori: "Well, I do too! So, when I found out, I was incredibly surprised. Isn't it a nice coincidence?"

The happiness Kaori clearly felt, or pretended to feel, did not translate over to you, but rather, your emotionless voice and the fact that it seemed like you hadn't slept were more obvious right now than they were before.

Her happiness was draining you, and you didn't exactly know why.

Y/N: "I guess... you still haven't answered my question though."

Kaori: "Oh! There were these two kind guys that gave me the address. They sounded quite happy after I told them I was looking for you. Tsukasa and Masahiro, I think those were their names?"

Y/N: "Ah, them... I guess that makes sense."

You can just imagine the sly look on your friends' faces when Kaori had specifically asked for you, and can just see them possibly thinking that they were doing you a favor by helping a beautiful girl find your place. That didn't matter now, but a scolding from you was on the way the next time you would see them.

Kaori: "Could I come in?"

Y/N: "I don't see why not..."

Kaori casually walked in to the apartment, looking around as if inspecting it with her eyes, she was focused on doing this and didn't seem to be paying much attention to you. Just as you were about to close the door, something weird happened.

Kaori: "Say, Y/N?"

When you weren't looking, Kaori had held your hand and was looking right up at you with an expression that you can very much appreciate, but you still felt something was off.

Y/N: "Yeah?"

Kaori: "There's something that I need help with..."

Grabbing your hand firmly, she pulled you towards the floor, and once you had landed, she straddled you. Your face wasn't showing much bewilderment, but rather, confusion. What the hell was Kaori doing?

Y/N: "What are you doing?"

Kaori: "Doesn't it look obvious?"

The girl leaned down, grabbed you by the hem of your shirt and, just as she was about to seal the deal, you placed your hand in front of her face. She ended up leaving a lipstick mark on your hand as you pushed her face off of you and sat up while she still sat atop you.

Y/N: "I'm sorry. This is weird, and it honestly makes me feel weird, so I prefer not to..."

What the hell is wrong!? I thought Y/N would just let it happen. How boring, now what? What an I supposed to do?

Kaori tries to think of a way to get out of this, but it wouldn't be easy. Her arms wrapped around you and she rested her head on your chest.

Kaori: "I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking about your feelings and I tried to do something that was just wrong. And I hurt you..."

She sounded like she was about to cry, and it genuinely felt like she was sad in that moment. So, you decided to just pat her back.

Y/N: "It's okay. I never actually had any romantic encounters before, so this was just surprising. You didn't hurt me."

Kaori looks up, directly staring at your eyes with her own glistening pair that were on the verge of crying and she smiled.

Kaori: "You're too nice..."

This was all an act. To you, it felt as though she was being honest about the whole thing, and you felt bad for making her feel that way. There was something odd about the whole thing, and you weren't exactly sure what it was.

Y/N: "Could you get off now?"

Kaori: "Sure, but..."

Then, Kaori felt something. Someone had appeared and was watching from the slit of the open door that you forgot to close earlier. She smiles, then leans in for a kiss and this time, she was successful.

It all happened too fast.

The door made a slight noise, and that was when Kaori stopped kissing you to turn around and act surprised. It was as if your heart had stopped for a brief second once you saw her standing in the doorway.

Y/N: "Chizuru?"

It was too late for her to go anywhere, but how would she explain herself now? Just when you thought things would go well for you, this happens.

Great...

———————————————————————