Episode 13: All Cards On The Table

"He isn't answering. What a weirdo... who gets angry over a kiss?"

One name, and one name only, Kaori. She hadn't even thought of a fake surname because it's usually not necessary to use. This girl has been looking for one thing in particular for several years now, yet with all the searching, the acting, the lies, the risks taken, it was as if the world did not want her to obtain this one thing, no, this one person that could possibly change her life for the better.

A person who can raise their hand so high up in the sky and would just volunteer to carry the troubled girl out of her current predicament like in those cheesy romantic movies where the couple escapes together from their abusive families and into a 'better tomorrow'. She's been sitting on her bed all day, and refuses to come out as per usual. This Kaori girl has lost count of how many people she's deceived into helping her. Most of them just looked at her body and approached her because of it, so it was easy for the most part, but those relationships never went anywhere or far enough.

She's one of the hottest girls in this damn campus!

The statement isn't necessarily false, but she sure was tired of hearing those words all the time.

So one day, she snapped and had chosen a virgin who had never even dated before, and because of what she's done, the guy was left in a strange state of sadness and horniness as he... satisfies himself using her social media pictures because she broke up with him just as quickly as she asked him out.

What's her new target now? Who's this new special and lucky person who has the privilege to go out with the pretty blonde girl stuck in the home of a family that doesn't treat her well?
You are.

You are the key to supposedly help her, and if you didn't answer the phone right now as she was about to make one last call then... Kaori wouldn't give up, but she has to force herself to stop calling for the day, since calling a person that's been purposefully ignoring you can seem desperate.

She takes a look at her phone one last time as she's about to tap the button to call, but her younger brother steps into her room without knocking, like he usually does. He was merely two years younger than her sister but had the upper hand by having some of the highest grades in his school, and the intelligence to go far and make his parents proud.

"It's time to go. Dad's been calling you."

Kaori: "...And I've been ignoring him. What's the problem?"

"He says he knows someone you should meet."

Kaori: "How did that turn out last time?"

"He won't like you leaving again. He's gonna get mad."

Kaori: "I won't be here by the time he does. Get out now."

The young sibling leaves with a sigh, and that's when Kaori quickly jumped off her bed and got a change of clothes in order to get out of the house. She can't be confined to her room anymore, and realized she immediately needed to take what she wanted or she wouldn't be able to make any real progress.

***

Ruka tried to compose herself, but there was nothing calm about what was going to happen.

A confession of love.

It's all a matter of luck. A 50/50 chance that, these two lucky souls either spend as much time as they can together, or simply not look in the other one's direction ever again. Ruka had to obviously prepare herself mentally before arriving, and she's feeling fairly confident that she could get the words out and just say how she's been feeling. And in case she couldn't, little notes were stored in her jacket's pocket if she were to need them.