Episode 10: Love Thy Neighbor [Part 2]

"First, this place."

It was a bit difficult having to find places to go on this day, but fortunately, your friendly neighborhood phone became a useful and essential tool when looking for fun things to do. This bowling alley you two had just entered was not new or anything, but it was quite known and constantly visited by groups of friends as well as some couples looking to spend some fun time together. Not a bad choice, even you had to admit.

Chizuru: "So... bowling then?"

Y/N: "Yep."

Chizuru smiles, looking around the place and at the people, and then she tries to brag a bit.

Chizuru: "You do realize you are standing before one of the reigning champions at rolling these things?"

Y/N: "Really? Prove it."

Chizuru: "I don't think you should have said that."

Y/N: "Yeah, I feel like something's gonna happen—"

There was a lot of sweat, back pain coming from your end, and even an accidental slip that almost broke one of your fingers, but at the end of it, Chizuru ended up getting a significant amount of points compared to the lame amount you got. You weren't extremely athletic and maybe that was the reason you couldn't defeat the almighty Chizuru in something as simple as bowling, or maybe you were just bad at it, as you were in many other sports.

You still couldn't believe bowling was a sport, as it seemed a bit too dumb to be labeled as such, but that's besides the point.

Now having accepted defeat and on your way to the second location, you rolled your eyes and sighed.

Y/N: "I'll admit, I'm pretty bad."

Chizuru: "It became pretty obvious when I got a turkey in the beginning."

Y/N: "That was just luck."

Chizuru: "I must have been pretty lucky when I caught you before you hit your head."

Y/N: "Birthday girl, lucky girl. I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it."

Chizuru softly nudges you with her shoulder as you two walked next to one another. The smile on her face was enough proof to tell you that she might have been secretly enjoying your misery. You were glad Chizuru was at least enjoying herself.

Chizuru: "Okay, what are we doing next?"

Y/N: "We're taking a break. I'm tired."

Chizuru: "It hasn't even been two hours."

Y/N: "Smile all you want, I'll sit on this bench and relax."

You came across a bench that you decided to sit on to relax for a bit. You set a plastic bag you have been carrying, for a while now, next to you, keeping an eye on Chizuru just to make sure she could not see what was inside.

Chizuru: "Am I going to find out what's in that plastic bag you're carrying?"

Y/N: "Later, the truth shall be revealed to you."