Episode 21: 3 AM

They didn't know what would happen. They just gave in to their feelings and did something they didn't even think would ever happen between them...

It didn't seem as impressive to you now that you looked back at it. It merely happened two hours ago, and all you and Chizuru did was kiss. It was wild at first, with it feeling like you were smashing your mouth against Chizuru's instead of—what you considered—normal kissing. But the sensation lost any sort of steam it had once you gently held Chizuru's arms and stopped the whole thing because of fear that you might mess up. You had no idea how to proceed.

And since you didn't know what to do afterwards, you awkwardly proposed to Chizuru that sleeping would be a good idea. Chizuru didn't really disapprove, so you two quickly got in bed and talked about small and insignificant things.

The simple conversation in bed allowed all of the awkwardness and shyness to go away, and you two unknowingly got closer and closer to each other. It was nice to be able to have a moment like that with her. You really enjoyed having her close to you.

But as the seconds went by, every word somehow grew more difficult to say than the last. Not because you didn't want to keep talking, but because you were suddenly lost in Chizuru's beautiful eyes. Her simple, yet attractive, brown eyes.

Once you two were close enough, you and Chizuru decided—without even saying anything—that a last kiss before getting some rest was a necessity. It was that goodnight's kiss that felt all the more special. A lot more intimate than those that came before.

So soft, so simple.

Chizuru whispered a 'goodnight' afterwards, looking at you and thinking about no one else but you. All that worried her, for a brief moment, had disappeared. And you couldn't help but smile like a fool. A fool that finally felt love for the first time.

<I felt that there was magic. I felt that there was real magic.>

And now, here you were. Two hours later. Awake, and unsurprisingly, wanting to kiss Chizuru again. You never kissed anyone before, and you really wanted to experience more of that.

But she was sound asleep right now, her head comfortably resting on your chest. It was peaceful, and just seeing her there made you extremely happy. No one ever made you feel the way Chizuru made you feel right now.

You felt calm with her, but also really excited. You felt confused, but at the same time, confident about the whole thing.

Is this what love truly feels like? Because love feels great.

"...Are you still awake?" said a tired Chizuru, yawning shortly after speaking. Panicking, you quickly moved away from her. Now on opposite sides of the bed, she looked at you confused.

Chizuru: "Why did you leave?"

Y/N: "I... don't know."

"Come here," she whispered, once again wrapping her arms around you. Chizuru was comfortable in this spot, so much so that she planted a little kiss on your cheek to prove it. She really did like you, but she also noticed you were doubtful.

Y/N: "I... never really done this before. I don't know what to say, or what to do. It's complicated..."

Chizuru: "You don't have to worry. You really don't. It's not like I ever had anything serious in the past either. I might be a rental girlfriend, but this is the first time I'm a genuine one."

Chizuru was now thinking about the rental girlfriend business that she was a part of. She obviously did it for the money, as well as for acting practice. She was serious about it, but she realized that the whole rental thing was one of your current worries, so she had to ask.

Chizuru: "Does that bother you? The fact that I go out with other people for money?"

Y/N: "N-No, not at all. Actually, I hope I don't stop you from, y'know, still doing it. It's a job after all, so I don't mind it."

Chizuru smiled before kissing you on the cheek again.

Chizuru: "I love you, Y/N."

Y/N: "I-I love you too."

You felt a wave of happiness wash you over once more, and this time, you decided to share that happiness with Chizuru. You brought her closer and really kissed her this time. It was deep, and Chizuru was really enjoying it.

She suddenly got on top of you, and before she did anything else, you stopped her.

Y/N: "I-I'm sorry, I still don't know what to do."

Chizuru: "I know. I just wanted to see you blush."

Chizuru got back on her spot of the bed, not letting go of you at all.

Chizuru: "I'm not too sure about it myself, but someday... we could try to learn about it together."

Y/N: "Right. I hope... we learn a lot when that night comes."

She giggled in response.

Chizuru: "I'm sure we will. Can we sleep now? I still have to take you somewhere tomorrow, and I really don't want you to be tired."

Y/N: "Where are we going tomorrow?"

Chizuru: "We're going to go see my grandma. I can't wait to tell her about us, I'm sure she'll be really happy."

Y/N: "Oh, I guess you're right."

Chizuru: "Will you fall asleep for me then?"

Y/N: "Definitely."

Chizuru: "Goodnight, Y/N."

Y/N: "Goodnight, Chizuru."

And with one last kiss, Chizuru comfortably fell asleep in your arms, shortly followed by you and that silly smile on your face.

Little did you know, that it is this exact night that birthed a relationship far stronger than any other relationship you've had in the past.

One that'll have its fair share of problems in the future, for sure. Whether that's the distant future, or the neighboring tomorrow, is uncertain. One thing that is certain, though, is that you'll experience—and tackle—all of it together.

But now is not the time to think about any of that. Right now, all that was important was that you two were finally together, and lovingly embracing each other on the same bed.

 Right now, all that was important was that you two were finally together, and lovingly embracing each other on the same bed

***