Episode 1: The Start

Waking up was different for all sorts of people, but Chizuru Ichinose always woke up with a sigh.

Knowing how every day tends to be the same, arduous process of having to constantly change her personality is tiresome. From your average, college student for her friends, then changing to cute, adorable girlfriend for the average lonely person, she was getting exhausted just thinking about it.

But in order to be able to achieve their dreams, one had to take the necessary steps, and for Chizuru, that's working as a rental girlfriend.

Chizuru gets off her bed and walks to her bathroom, staring at her reflection on the mirror and seeing her messy hair and very faint eye bags that surprisingly didn't ruin her overall beauty.

It didn't really matter after all, since makeup can hide a lot of things almost too well.

She took a while to get ready, but the double braided hair made her stand out a lot more, the nerdy glasses (which she actually did need) worked on her just as much as they did on Clark Kent, and her clothing really made her look like a completely stereotypical nerd while also looking pretty.

This girl was too powerful.

Once she was finally ready to go, she got all of her stuff and walked out of her apartment.

And that was when things went wrong for her.

"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

A person that looks like they don't see the light of day often other than for going to college walks out of his own apartment, which was conveniently right next to Chizuru's, quickly recalling seeing Chizuru's face before. This person was...

Well, it's you.

Chizuru: "I-I don't think so."

You scratched your head, trying to figure out where you had seen this girl before. You could remember names and faces of people quite well, so when you saw the girl, you started looking into the deepest parts of your brain just to figure it out.

Y/N: "Oh I know, you're that rental girlfriend from the app my friend uses. Chizuru Mizuhara, right?"

Whoops.

Chizuru's face turned a bright red, looking down in embarrassment as she adjusted her glasses. There had to be a way out of this situation, but it was getting harder for her to figure out a way to throw you off her scent.

Chizuru: "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm sure you're mistaking me for someone else."

Y/N: "No no, it's you. I'm sure of it."

While Chizuru tried her best to argue with you, your nonchalant attitude annoyed her to the point where she could no longer make anything up to defend herself.

Your tired eyes and monotone voice along with you insisting she was a rental girlfriend gave her no choice but to open her door and pull you into her apartment.

Then she locked the door so you wouldn't escape and forced you to sit on a chair.

Chizuru: "Listen here! You don't have to tell anyone, alright? I can give you one hour of service for free."

Y/N: "Don't worry lady, I wasn't gonna tell anyone. It's just funny seeing that you live next to me, because I remember my friend telling me about you and how 'sexy' you were, or something like that."

You saw how close the girl was, so you pushed her away a bit. You smiled, thinking of something Chizuru could do for you.

Y/N: "But there is something you could do for me..."

There really was no way out of this, so all Chizuru did was sigh.

Chizuru: "Just say it and I'll do it!"

Y/N: "I want you to..."

You really had to think about what you were going to say here, because that would determine whether Chizuru would actually accept your offer or not.

Y/N: "...be my friend."

Chizuru: "Huh? What kinda..."

Chizuru took off her glasses, taking in a deep breath and realizing that she had to do what you asked if she wanted her odd job to be kept a secret from the rest of the world.

Chizuru: "Okay, but why that? Other people would ask me for far worse things."

Y/N: "I don't have... many friends. So, I want you to give me a chance."

You extended your hand, waiting for the girl to accept your offer, which she did, shaking your hand and sealing the deal.

Chizuru: "Fine, we have a deal. What was your name again?"

Y/N: "I'm Y/N, nice to meet you."

You smiled. Now that you did have a friend, there was only one more thing to take care of.

Y/N: "Aren't we gonna be late?"

Chizuru checks her phone and, when she saw the time, she froze.

Chizuru: "You're right, I have to go!"

Y/N: "I'll come with you."

You and Chizuru walked out of her apartment. She locked the door which was then followed by a sigh.

Her school and rental girlfriend sides of her life were already too much for her, but now she had to deal with you.

Great.

———————————————————————