Episode 3: The H-Word

You don't hate me, right Chizuru?

Her arms and legs flail around a bit before Chizuru lifted herself up using her hands and sat on her bed. Her breathing was intense, and there was astonishment mixed with a hint of dread on her face.

But why? The nightmare she just had while she was sleeping, that's why.

Chizuru saw something in that strange dream of hers and it felt so real that she thought it did occur, and she thought it was all over for her.

It was you telling everyone about her being a rental girlfriend. But, why is she worrying about it now? There was no way you would actually do that, right?

No, Chizuru barely knew you so she could not even begin to imagine what you would do, so the goal for today was simple: Chizuru decided to get you out of your apartment to actually get to know you more.

Just to make sure her frightening nightmare doesn't become a horrible reality.

Running around her apartment, Chizuru was getting ready for today and, at the same time, tried not to think about her peculiar dream. She would constantly check the mirror as well, just to make sure there was nothing on her face.

You don't hate me, right Chizuru?

Those words came back to haunt her, even if she knew it never really happened. Hate was such a strong word. Sure, she might dislike you a bit, but there was no real reason for her to hate you.

When Chizuru was finally done, she looked at her apartment and took a deep breath before actually walking out, locking the door then literally taking five steps in order to get to your own apartment.

And just as she was about to knock, you opened the door and saw Chizuru smiling like anyone in a good mood would do. She wasn't actually happy, but it's not like you could tell, because at this point in her life she had mastered the ability of hiding her emotions.

Chizuru: "Good morning Y/N."

Y/N: "Hey Chizuru, what are you doing in front of my... door?"

Chizuru: "Well, I was going to ask you if you would like to go out today, but it looks like you're busy—"

Y/N: "Oh no, not really. As weird as this may sound, I was actually going to ask you if you wanted to do anything today."

And it definitely looked like that was true, since Chizuru looked at you for quite some time to see that you were actually dressed quite nicely. It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, but compared to the clothes you were wearing when she first met you, it was definitely an improvement.

Chizuru: "That does sound a little weird..."

There seemed to be a bit of awkwardness in the air, but you weren't necessarily feeling it as much as Chizuru was.

Y/N: "So, where are we going?"

Where does one go to converse with the person that has technically forced them to become their friend? That wasn't an easy question to answer for Chizuru, so she might as well ask you.

Chizuru: "I'm actually not sure, did you have a place in mind?"

Y/N: "I... didn't."