"Does your leg still hurt?" he questioned,
I didn't reply but just nodded.
"Use words, princess" he said clearly annoyed,
"Yes, King Nicholas" I replied in a monotonous tone.

He clenched his jaw and gripped me more tightly.
"It's Nicholas for you, I am saying this for the last fucking time, get it?" he growled deeply which made me shiver.
"Yes-s, N-Nicholas" I stammered.
"Good" he said deeply in appreciation.

He opened the carriage door and carefully put me down. I winced in pain when his hand brushed my leg by mistake. It didn't go unnoticed by him.
"Once we reach Arcane, I'll get the best doctor to stitch up your wound" he said deeply,
"Sure" I said plainly. He nodded and closed the door.

I sighed and sat back in my seat. Tears threatened to fall down my face, but I didn't let them fall. He had taken my first kiss without any consent. I couldn't help but fear, would he take my innocence too once we reach Arcane?
I took a deep breath and calmed myself down. I need to be stronger and smarter, only then I can think with clarity and figure a way to get out of this.

First, I am going to ignore and avoid him as much as I can. Second, I'll be polite even when I feel like throwing him into a lake full of crocodiles.Third, I'll earn his trust, cause I'll be needing it a lot once I start working on the wormhole machine. I cannot let him get suspicious.

I looked out of the window, and I could see trees passing by slowly. It's going to be a long journey. I sighed in annoyance and closed my eyes. I hadn't got much sleep last night, because I was alert all the time, being in Mr. Devil's tent. Soon enough I fell asleep.

************

"Nova, you cannot hide from papa. I'll find you soon kiddo" my dad chucked.

I quietly tiptoed to the kitchen and hid under the sink. I heard footsteps, and covered my mouth with my palm, to prevent making any sound. The footsteps got louder and two hands came around me and ticked me which made me giggle.

"Gotcha! I found you kiddo" my dad picked me up and hugged me, kissing my forehead.
"Papa! Will you take me to the woods today to see stars?" I asked,
"Not today, kiddo. Mommy and me have to be somewhere else" he said with a sad face.
"Pretty please!!" I asked mustering the cutest puppy eyes ever.
"I'm sorry baby, but it's an important project. I'll bring you your favourite choco chip ice cream, deal?" he promised.

"Okay. But you and mommy leave me alone" I pouted.
"Baby, mommy and papa love you so much. We'll never leave you alone" mom said hugging me from behind.
"And I'll always find you, kiddo. We'll always be with you" dad said lifting me up and spinning me around.
"Wowwwweeeeee" I screamed in joy as I twirled in the air. He put me down after a few moments and kissed my cheek.

"We'll be back soon, kiddo" my dad said,
"Pinky promise?" I asked,
"Yes, pinky promise" my dad chucked.
"Nova, Stacy is coming over to babysit you. Be good" mom warned and continued "I hate to leave you alone baby, we'll be back before you know it" she said and hugged me.

I stood on the porch and waved them goodbye as their car sped away down the road. Stacy came in at that moment and guided me inside. She was kind and caring, I loved spending time with her. We watched TV for a while and she put me to bed.
The next day I woke up and went downstairs. I saw cops gathered around my house and Dad's friend Dr. Marcel Evans talking with an officer.

I walked towards them with a confused expression. When Dr. Evans saw me he hugged me and said "My dear Nova, I'm so sorry" he whispered with teary eyes.
"Uncle Evans, why are you sorry? Where is mommy and papa" I asked anxiously.
"They were working on a project near Kalmon woods. There was a high velocity cyclone yesterday night. We were all at the camp, except your parents. We believe they were thrown off the cliff" he said breaking down into tears.
"NO!" I shouted, "They pinky promised to come back, you are lying" I screamed,
"Nova, calm down dear. There were signs of struggle before they fell off the cliff. There was no possibility of them surviving" he said in a sorrowful tone.

I broke down into tears,
"I want M-Mommy and-d P-Papa, th-hey s-said t-they w-won't leave-e me-e" I said between sobs with my voice breaking down.
"They are gone dear, forever"
"NOOOOOO!!!"

************

I woke up abruptly, covered in sweat and tears. The dream felt so real. It was the last day I saw my parents. These nightmares have been haunting me ever since. I wiped my face and looked around the room. I was in an unknown place. The room was huge, at least three times bigger than the previous room I had in Elysian. It was elegant and splendid.

I got up from the bed and felt pain in my leg. I lifted up the dress and saw the wound was stitched up. Maybe it was done when I was asleep. No shit Sherlock, I said to myself.
I limped towards the door and got out. I walked along the corridor which was big too! I reached a door and tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. It was locked.

"Stupid dumb door" I cursed under my breath. I heard a deep chuckle behind me.

I turned around and saw Nicholas leaning on the wall with his arms crossed. He had a devilish smirk on his face as he gazed at me intensely.
The words he said next made me shiver in excitement as well as fear.

"Welcome to Arcane, my beautiful princess"

<Aesthetic picture above of Nova>

Please vote and comment;)
I have decided to take a small break, thank you for supporting this book. Love y'all ❣️

(Not edited)