22: Stargazing and it's kinda cute

*Virgil POV*

It's been five days since I've gotten to talk to Logan. It's the final day of November. I've only gone back to my dorm when it was midnight. As a result, I'm overly anxious about everything.

I walk outside, skipping lunch, and take a deep breath of the frosty air. There's a light layer of snow on the ground, really more of a frost, that seeps into my shoes. 

I stroll around the grounds, watching people skate on the lake and run around on our lunch break. As much as I don't like people in general, I like being here. 

*Logan POV*

It's the end of the day, and I'm reading in the library. Roman wants me to meet him at the theater to help out later. That is in a few minutes.

I stand up, only to be faced with another face. Janus.

"Salutations. Please move, I have somewhere to go," I say.

"No can do! We want to talk and YOU are very good at avoiding people!" Remus says.

He still has the same crazed smile.

"Alright, so we hate you but we're desperate," Janus says with a sigh.

I frown. If he needs my help he shouldn't insult me.

"Can you please try to talk to Virgil? I know you guys have a meeting tonight for whatever club you're in," Janus asks, his tone pleading.

I nod.

"And why isn't he talking to you? And what makes you think he'll talk to me?" I ask.

"Well-" Janus says.

"He has a ginormous crush on you!" Remus blurts out.

Janus smacks him. I go very, very red.

"I- uh- well, that still doesn't answer my first question," I say.

He. Likes. Me. I mean, I already knew from before, but now I know that wasn't just adrenaline and me saving his life. 

He likes me.

"That... is not important. Just please talk to him," Janus says.

I raise my eyebrow.

"Sure," I say.

---

It's late at night, 9:30 PM. The sun has fully set and the stars are out. It's a little cloudy, but the clouds are cirrus clouds, a semi-transparent type of cloud.

"Are you going to stare at the sky all day or grab your telescope?" Virgil asks, coming up behind me.

I smile.

"We have to wait for everyone else to get here first," I say.

He nods. We sit on top of the roof for a few minutes. I pull my jacket closer to me; it's cold.

"Oh great, you're already here!" Ms. Wu says.

Cass sits down next to me, and so does another boy, separating Virgil and I.

"Hey V!" the other boy says.

"Sup V," Virgil says.

"Are you excited about tonight? Cause I am! I love it when we get to stargaze and stay up late! Ooooh, maybe we can sneak down to the kitchens to get cocoa! Or I could and just bring some for you if you don't want to. Is that new eyeshadow? I love it!" he says, rambling on.

Is- is he flirting? I'm not entirely sure of the definition but he is complimenting Virgil a lot.

"Victor, I think we're starting," Virgil says, sounding tired.

"Right!" the boy, Victor, says.

"Alright class, first, can anyone spot Lyra?" Ms. Wu asks.

I raise my hand.

"Logan?" she asks.

"We can't see Lyra because it is only visible in the summer," I say.

"Correct. So the real first constellation we're looking for is Orion," she says.

We pull out our maps and look through the telescopes we have. I'm not entirely sure of the make and model of them, but they are decent.

---

Time seems to go by faster as an hour and a half passes. 

"Alright everyone, pack up, and let's get moving. My toes are about to freeze off," Ms. Wu says.

As everyone goes down the stairs, Virgil doesn't move. He stares up at the stars.

"Virgil?" I ask, "Are you coming?"

"No no. I want to stay out a little longer," he says.

"Oh," I say.

I set down my notebooks and sit next to him.

"Do you remember where Canis Major is?" I ask.

He nods and points up to the sky.

"Right there. It's like a dog shape," Virgil says, "Since it's not quite December yet, it's a little harder to see,"

I nod.

"That is correct," I say.

He rests his head on my shoulder.

"You're so formal. I love it," he says.

I blush. I like this feeling. A lot. I want this moment to last forever.

We sit together for a few minutes, just looking at the stars.

"Virgil, can I ask you something?" I ask.

"Sure. But I can't guarantee an answer," he says with a smirk.

"Ok. So why aren't you talking with Janus and Remus?" I ask.

He freezes.

"Well- I- because- if I tell you do you promise not to tell anyone?" he asks.

I nod.

"Yes. I wouldn't tell other people your secrets, Virgil," I promise.

He lets out a deep breath.

"I may have used my ability against them. I- uh- kinda blew up the ground by them. I didn't mean to but I know they're mad," he says.

*Virgil POV*

I lied.

Why did I lie?

Why can't I trust anyone?

Why do I have to be like this?

"Oh," Logan says, "I don't think they're mad. They seemed more... concerned," 

"I don't want to worry them, but I don't want to risk them being mad at me," I say.

Or them being upset that I've literally avoided them for a week.

"I don't think they will. But you can go back slowly if that's more comfortable. Maybe you can just go back to your dorm," Logan suggests.

I sigh.

"Maybe," I say.

I should. 

"Are you coming inside? Sander's isn't going to be happy if two kids get frostbite," Ms. Wu says.

"Yeah, I just lost a notebook. We're coming," I say.

"Ah. Well, let's go," she says.

Logan and I get up, grabbing our notebooks, and go back inside. I feel a rush of warmth, followed by that feeling in my nose when it warms up.

"Well, goodnight," I say, going upstairs.

I should go to my dorm. They're probably asleep by now.

I hope.

Hi. I'm tired. Half of this was written late at night. School sucks. I'm tired. So feel free to leave any thoughts or feedback in the comments, and have a wonderful day you magnificent peep!